What are you doing different as a shut-in?

Started by airboy, March 25, 2020, 04:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Car insurance companies with mutual ownership have been returning $100s due to much lower accident payout rates because people are not driving very much. 

Tripoli

I just walked by a house a little further down the block from mine, on the main road.  They are playing a drinking game on the yard.  They and about ten friends have a sign posted towards the roadway saying "you honk, we drink".  They are feeling no pain right now... :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

My wife has decided that she should improve her life skills during this plague.  She has purchased three research tomes, about $200 of ingredients, and has started the experimentation process.

Her field of study: Cocktails.

We now have about five different types of bitters (rhubarb bitters is a thing), two types of vermouth, and a bunch of flavored liquor.  I'm getting a new cocktail as part of the research process several times a day. Her experimentation is so serious that I've had to cut back significantly on the Scotch to be able to walk.

I have talked with quite a few of my buddies and when our Governor lifts the plague restrictions we are going to have a Pig Roast Cocktail Party.  Everyone goes in on the roast pig and takes home leftovers.  My wife makes a couple of pitchers of cocktails and has recipes out that she is willing to make.

Her main research finding so far is most cocktails are way too sweet for our taste.  She dials them way back so they are tart, not sweet.

Her studies continue.

Toonces

Oh man, that is fantastic.  I fully support that research.   :coolsmiley:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Sir Slash

That's a Good Husband Airboy! Nobody said it was going to be easy being married. I think you've handled it well. Brilliantly even.  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Most of the insanity is ending in my State.  I can go to the gym tomorrow and to Mass on Sunday.

Mass will have no hymnals which will be different and there is a general dispensation for those who feel their life is in danger.  I would not go if I was very elderly or had a compromised immune system.

Sir Slash

I took the Wife out for Mother's Day tp Outback Steakhouse this evening, the only place that allowed call ahead seating. Limited menu, slow service, but the bar was open so.... <:-)  Our first Post-Lockdown outing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 10, 2020, 10:35:38 PM
I took the Wife out for Mother's Day tp Outback Steakhouse this evening, the only place that allowed call ahead seating. Limited menu, slow service, but the bar was open so.... <:-)  Our first Post-Lockdown outing.

How romantic!

Sir Slash

True. Nothing says Romance like face masks, rubber gloves, and alcohol... internal and external.  O0

Toonces

My son was working, but wife, daughter and I went down to the beach for a walk and then got Japanese food takeout and had a floor picnic.  No sake, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

[/hijack on]
Airboy, I was talking to my mom yesterday and you came up.  I remember a while back you mentioned that you could have communion delivered to your house.  I was telling my mom that and she asked if that was once or every week.  I thought it was every week, but then I couldn't remember if it was just for Easter or what...so, what was the deal with that again?  My mom offers the communion at her church (Catholic).

[/hijack off]

Toonces

I don't know about you guys, but this whole mask, social distancing, etc. stuff is really starting to bum me out.  I was never someone who went out much to begin with, but now I genuinely hate going out and seeing everyone with face masks, everyone avoiding one another, and so on.  It's just a complete bummer.

All of this is really starting to take a toll on my mental well-being.  Overall I'm one of the very fortunate ones, I'm still safely employed and actually have more free time than I've ever had in my adult life.  But...I can't help bumming about the state of affairs, the suffering of others, and what the future holds for everyone including me.

Gusington

^It's the unemployment situation that is rattling my nerves too. The Wife and I are still working but watching the news is really depressing/frightening. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd