Order of Battle: Rising Sun

Started by Millipede, April 09, 2020, 10:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millipede

I imagine that many of you received Matrix's 30% Easter discount email as did I. I used it to buy Order of Battle: Rising Sun and when I went to add it to my Steam account I discovered that I already had it.  :idiot2: :crazy2: :idiot2: :crazy2:

PM me if you want the Steam key. First come, first served.

Millipede

Rayfer

LOL....I think we've all done that at some time.  :o

al_infierno

I'd been racking my brain trying to find something on the Matrix store I don't already own to use the coupon.  But this thread reminded me I hadn't bought Panzerkrieg or Sandstorm for OOB, so I got those both for $20.   \m/
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

airboy

After you play Sandstorm - play Erik2's Germany North Afrika campaign. 

Sandstorm is good and worth the money, but Erik2's campaign is actually better and if you win out you will fight your way eventually to India.  I'm on the final scenario.

Gusington

India eh? That sounds very interesting.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on April 10, 2020, 08:43:34 AM
India eh? That sounds very interesting.

It is.  In Sandstorm if you take Cairo the Torch landings occur and you start fighting the US forces.  In Erik2's campaign you roll through Israel, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Iran and eventually India.  You even have an amphibious operation against Sudan.  Central Command keeps telling you that you are the next Alexander and that your Nazi legions will go down in history as you link up with Japan to strangle the world.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Who DOESN'T like strangling the world?  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Hey now.  For some people, their kink is BEING strangled by the world.  ;)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd