Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Fox rocks in socks, and I'd like to get Fox on my rocks.

'Clip those corners'

Staggerwing

But then Mrs Bob's frypan would Gloiiiing your clock...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 27, 2013, 03:38:33 PM
But then Mrs Bob's frypan would Gloiiiing your clock...

...and I'd finish up with my rocks in my socks.

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

Full circle! Good night everyone.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

eyebiter

Decision in the Ukraine: German Panzer operations on the Eastern Front, Summer 1943

Windigo

Quote from: bob48 on April 27, 2013, 03:29:08 PM

she can hop on pop....
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Shelldrake

I just finished Issue in Doubt by David Sherman.

Overall a good military science fiction tale...except for the ending. I know that this is meant to be an ongoing series but the low page count and lack of any sort of resolution at the end smacks of a cheap ploy to compell readers to buy the author's next book. Other authors such as Jack Campbell and Ian Douglas (aka William Keith) have managed to create satisfying endings for individual books of an ongoing series so why can't David Sherman?!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Mr. Bigglesworth

Quote from: bob48 on April 27, 2013, 03:29:08 PM

I would spank that fox with my rocks.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

DoctorQuest

I was visiting my brother and we made a trip to B&N to look at Nooks or Kindles or whatever gadget they sell. I stumbled across a compilation of seven of H.G. Wells' novels.

Getting ready to start on "The Time Traveler". I can't help thinking about The Big Bang Theory episode where they buy the time machine prop.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Greybriar

Quote from: Gusington on April 08, 2013, 07:42:19 PM
Greybriar you've piqued my interest in The Darkness That Comes Before...please post some more as you go along.

I finally finished reading The Darkness That Comes Before. It was a little hard to follow due to the names being so unfamiliar and at a glance many of them looked alike to me. The book contained a few scenes that were really freaky. Life is cheap in the story and many have died, including some characters I had thought would be around for awhile. Characters range from the lowest classes in society to near deities. All in all I enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading The Warrior Prophet: The Prince of Nothing.

While I'm waiting for its sequel, I am reading The War that Made America by Fred Anderson. It is definitely a change of pace.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

Sherlock Holmes The Valley of Fear

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bob48

Quote from: Greybriar on May 05, 2013, 10:41:11 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 08, 2013, 07:42:19 PM
Greybriar you've piqued my interest in The Darkness That Comes Before...please post some more as you go along.

I finally finished reading The Darkness That Comes Before. It was a little hard to follow due to the names being so unfamiliar and at a glance many of them looked alike to me. The book contained a few scenes that were really freaky. Life is cheap in the story and many have died, including some characters I had thought would be around for awhile. Characters range from the lowest classes in society to near deities. All in all I enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading The Warrior Prophet: The Prince of Nothing.

While I'm waiting for its sequel, I am reading The War that Made America by Fred Anderson. It is definitely a change of pace.

They are pretty hard-hitting stories. I've recently finish reading 'White Luck Warrior', which is good. Not sure when the next one comes out.

'Clip those corners'