Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You know?? Can you give us a rough date of release?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

They won't kill you! Just break an arm or two!  >:D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Zulu1966

Quote from: bbmike on April 24, 2018, 07:41:51 AM
They won't kill you! Just break an arm or two!  >:D

Personally I would love it if they jumped a few centuries for the next one. Wolves from the sea or storm of arrows would be good.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Gusington

I would be happy with just a rough estimate of its release. The game formula really clicks with me and has sparked interest in eras I never really had interest in before, like Alexander's conquests and the Diadochi.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

So, how detailed are the campaigns? A cascading series of larger, tougher battles? Do you get to keep the same units throughout? Do you get replacements between battles? Can you recruit new units? Do you have to correctly spell, 'Diadochi'? Details please.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Philippe

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 24, 2018, 10:35:05 AM
Do you have to correctly spell, 'Diadochi'?

If you don't like Diadochi, you could always try using Epigoni, though that applies to a slightly later period. 

I've always found Diadochi easier to spell than Successors, which is what you should probably call them in modern English.

(And if you aren't familiar with the Avalon Hill/GMT Successors game, you owe it yourself to take a look).
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Gusington

I have not played a campaign yet - working through some epic battles first, like Magnesia. It is the biggest battle I have played so far. But later tonight or tomorrow I will probably start the Alexander campaign and then a Diadochi campaign, if there is one...I don't remember. There are between 10-15 campaigns available with the Immortals and Legions Triumphant campaign, with epic battles out the wazoo if you have both DLCs. Awesome game.

And you can pull my Diadochi from my cold dead hands.

I really owe this game a lot - it has ignited my interest in Greek history like nothing that has come before, even the TW series. I dig me some cataphracts, armored elephants, and hoplites, yo.

And I REALLY would love to know what is next for the DLC!!

Automatic buy for me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

I'm still praying for an Age of Rifles remake based on this engine.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

^^ Step back, soldier.

Napoleonics first.

There's actually a FoG rule book for that.

I'd buy a reboot of P&S using this engine and mechanics too, though.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

Didn't Jomni say above that Pike and Shot: Campaigns (which I also really enjoy but not as much as FoG2) is built in the same engine that FoG2 is?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: Cyrano on April 24, 2018, 12:49:41 PM
^^ Step back, soldier.

Napoleonics first.

I definitely wouldn't complain if a Napoleonics version came next.  8)
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

CJReich46

Quote from: bbmike on April 24, 2018, 01:10:32 PM
Quote from: Cyrano on April 24, 2018, 12:49:41 PM
^^ Step back, soldier.

Napoleonics first.

I definitely wouldn't complain if a Napoleonics version came next.  8)

Actually I'd love a Horse and Musket era. Then we'd have the Northern War, Spanish Succession, Seven Years...etc. That would be interesting as it isn't covered as Napoleonic. However...yeah that would be cool too!

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Nefaro

Quote from: Philippe on April 24, 2018, 11:02:15 AM

(And if you aren't familiar with the Avalon Hill/GMT Successors game, you owe it yourself to take a look).

I noticed that it's mechanical predecessor, Hannibal is getting a new version release this year.

Been hoping someone would do another version of Successors.

Yskonyn

Any good sources or tutorial on applied tactics for FoG 2?
I really want to like the game, but I think I don't yet get it or something. I just end up moving my lines forward square by square until they run into an opponent.
The next battle is the same.

Obviously this isn't supposed to be the case so I'm gladly enlightened by you all.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Quote from: Yskonyn on April 24, 2018, 05:18:08 PM
Any good sources or tutorial on applied tactics for FoG 2?
I really want to like the game, but I think I don't yet get it or something. I just end up moving my lines forward square by square until they run into an opponent.
The next battle is the same.

Obviously this isn't supposed to be the case so I'm gladly enlightened by you all.

Turn on Detailed tool tips and combat reports.  Learn the POA mechanics and terrain effects so that you know the advantageous matchups.