Main Menu

Field of Glory II

Started by Anguille, June 13, 2017, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: ByzantineGames on November 23, 2018, 06:18:38 AM
Quote from: jomni on November 22, 2018, 06:27:10 PM
Something about expansions.  You can actually play all armies from all expansions, even without buying them, in Multiplayer. It's actually very generous and you get to try out the armies. Then you can decide if you want the expansion for the solo play content.

Just to put the record straight:

You can play all armies in MP without getting the DLC, by accepting a challenge set up by someone who does have the relevant DLC.

However, you cannot yourself set up an MP challenge using armies from DLCs you don't have.

So you either need to pick up open challenges, or arrange with an opponent who does have the DLC to set up the specific challenge you want.

You can also play in the official Slitherine tournaments without any DLCs, even if the tournament uses DLC armies.

Roger. Thanks.
O0

Gusington

Your favorite DLC will correspond to your favorite era...so mine is the Belisarius expansion.

Really...there are no bad ones.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Just what the doctor ordered. Can't wait for the Basil II and Rise of Islam campaigns!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: jomni on May 12, 2019, 10:36:22 PM
Dark Ages DLC!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=91582

I love this game.

Back in the early '80's, I spent hundreds of hours with Version 7 of the Wargame Research Group's Army lists, making 1500 point armies over and over. I never thought, ever, that I may eventually get a high quality computer game to play these.

CJReich46

Quote from: DennisS on May 13, 2019, 03:06:17 PM
Quote from: jomni on May 12, 2019, 10:36:22 PM
Dark Ages DLC!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=91582

I love this game.

Back in the early '80's, I spent hundreds of hours with Version 7 of the Wargame Research Group's Army lists, making 1500 point armies over and over. I never thought, ever, that I may eventually get a high quality computer game to play these.

First off, kudos for mentioning WRG. Second thing, I couldn't agree more. I have had a blast with this game. The new DLC is going to be awesome!
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

IICptMillerII

Just heard the news that the next expansion for FoG2 will be released on May 30, and I am extremely excited for it. Easy purchase for me. Now if only FoG Empires would hurry up...

jomni

Gusington

Me too.

May 30 is next week!!

JOY

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on May 21, 2019, 07:43:59 AM
Me too.

May 30 is next week!!

JOY

Next season of the Field of Glory 2 Digital League organised by StockwellPete  on the Slitherine Forum in the Digital League section of the Field of Glory 2 sub forum is open for anyone to enter until the weekend....any fans should join....great community, multiple Divisions, prizes from Slitherine of £25 vouchers for Divisional winners, promotion (relegation !) Etc.....

An Early Middle Ages section will include the new DLC.....😉

Hope to see some new players this season !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Yskonyn

Last time I looked at requirements it listed a pretty brisk turn exchange rate. Is that still the case?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."