Free RPG Day!

Started by bayonetbrant, June 16, 2012, 02:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Just got back from our FLGS

I got the combined Shadowrun / Battletech starter book. Bayonet Jr got the DD4e adventure Dead in the Eye

Very full store w/ 6 tables going w/ 5+ at every table.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

meadbelly

Please tell me the shadowrun/battletech combined starter book is NOT an effort to bring those two gaming worlds into one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: meadbelly on June 16, 2012, 04:28:50 PM
Please tell me the shadowrun/battletech combined starter book is NOT an effort to bring those two gaming worlds into one.

Nope - it's a flip-book.  Shadowrun on one side, flip it over for BT; meet in the middle. But it's 2 games in one.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

meadbelly

I hoped that was the case.

If I recall correctly, they did that with some Shadowrun starter material before. Had an adventure on oneside from the player's perspective and how to run the adventure from an gm's pov on the flip side. 

They did something similar in one of the kits. Described an adventure as a narrative from the character's perspective, and as a side bar, had the rules and mechanics behind the description. Fairly useful material.

TheCommandTent

I worked all day so I missed out on it.   :-[   Not that my LGS has many RPGs besides D&D.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."