Gale Force 9 releases new Tanks! wargame

Started by bayonetbrant, March 18, 2016, 05:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33994/tanks-miniatures-skirmish-game-rolls-in

QuoteGale Force Nine is releasing a new, quick-play miniatures skirmish game, Tanks, in April.

The starter set, Tanks Starter Set: Panther vs. Sherman, is a stand-alone World War II game where players take command of a tank platoon. The game is designed to be played in thirty minute, from selecting your tanks, to personalizing your platoon, to completing a skirmish. The base game focuses on the Panther and Sherman tanks.

The starter set includes 3 plastic tanks, 12 dice, 16 movement/destroyed tokens, 32 damage tokens, 4 objective tokens, 4 measuring arrows, 40 tank identification tokens, 2 cardboard forests, 4 cardboard houses, 18 tank cards, 16 crew cards, 7 hero crew cards, 16 upgrade cards, 32 damage cards, and a rulebook. MSRP is $24.99, and it releases in April.

Gale Force Nine is supporting Tanks with several expansions as well. In April, they are releasing the following expansions: US Sherman 75mm & Sherman 76mm; US Pershing & Super Pershing; German STUG G; German Panzer IV; and German Panther & Jagpanther. MSRP for each of these expansions is $9.99.

These expansions continue in the following months, with three more tank expansion in May, and four in June, each with MSRP $9.99. In addition, the game will also be supported by 36" x 36" Game Mats, one each month from May to August, MSRP $39.99. Other accessories, like Token Sets, Dice Sets, and Card Decks will also be released over that period, with Organized Play Kits being made available to stores that include prizes and oversized art cards.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Looks like fun!

Here's the company product page, showing some assembly instructions:

http://tanks.gf9games.com/Depot/tabid/118/entryid/78/Default.aspx
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Someone might one to tell them that a T-34/85 is not a Sherman :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on March 18, 2016, 07:15:46 AM
Someone might one to tell them that a T-34/84 is not a Sherman :P

In Soviet Russia Soviets Lend/Lease T-34 to YOU!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Staggerwing

The actual product seems quite legit in it's naming conventions.

AFA the reporting website goes- guess not all Geek Culture sites know their WaWa2 iron.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys