Excellent posts on Connections Wargaming Conference at Grognews

Started by Jack Nastyface, July 24, 2012, 11:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Nastyface

Guys,
BayonetB is posting some great updates about the Connections Interdisciplinary Wargaming Conference over at grognews.blogspot.com.  Very interesting reading on what most of us consider a "casual" hobby is used for serious study.
Sorry, no cosplay or booth babes to be seen...but a few of the guys appear to be cosplaying Milton Waddams from Office Space ;-)
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

LongBlade

Yup, good stuff.

Could stand to have some booth babes, though.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

I'll see if we can get Rex to pose in a chainmail bikini for you.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 25, 2012, 09:00:20 AM

Rex, huh? I don't suppose "Rex" is a weird name bestowed on a hot daughter conceived in some flower-power luvfest?

Like Babolicious Rex or anything?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

FYI - updates for today will all get dumped in at once later today b/c of network problems here at NDU
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Rex Brynen

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 25, 2012, 09:00:20 AM

I didn't pack it--they always kick up such a fuss at airport security.

For those who are interested, you'll find my AAR on Connections 2012 here.

bayonetbrant

Rex's AAR is a much better narrative than mine, which is basically just digital note-taking with a few stray thoughts