The "Holy %$%# It's Hot Out There" Summer 2018 Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, April 02, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

Looks like 'June' could be hotter and wetter. Pics to follow?  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

It rained every day for three weeks at my house.  Three freaking weeks.

On the bright side, the tropical storm shattered when it hit the coast.  There were no 30-40mph winds inland.  If we had gotten those winds with the trees in foliage, there would have been pines and sweet gums uprooted all over the state killing the power lines and blocking roads.  Weird situation, but when you have a totally saturated ground and moderately high winds, some tree species topple like ninepins. 

trailrunner

Another weekend of rain.  It poured for an hour or two here.  The ground is saturated and the creeks and rivers are overflowing.  It's so bad that part the beltway was flooded today!

mirth

OJsDad

Temps here for the next week are highs into the upper 70's and lows into the low 60's and upper 50's.  There may be one day that will break 80.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Windigo

Just as an aside.....

you could join the mile-high club on that summit

just saying
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

Quote from: Windigo on June 04, 2018, 03:11:49 PM
Just as an aside.....

you could join the mile-high club on that summit

just saying

Way ahead of you, Windo Calrissian.

Toonces

This is just ridiculous.  Sweatshirt and Uggs in June?  WTF.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth