Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGER

i just got me the update  :D   50% off is a fair deal imho  :bd:

on Tacview, i will use the free test period when i get the time in the xmas holiday seasons, so i don't start the 28 days countdown now.   

Yskonyn

50 percent off is indeed a great deal.
Played 45mins, but it runs crappy on my laptop.

CMANO always ran functionally well enough in pulse mode on this laptop, but it seems there is no pulse mode anymore in CMO.

On my desktop it runs very well however.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Yskonyn

The buttons at the bottom left suggest you can skip time in chunks?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Dimitris

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 16, 2019, 04:14:38 AM
The buttons at the bottom left suggest you can skip time in chunks?

Yes. We added this specifically to solve "runaway sim" situations.
Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

mbar

Quote from: Pete Dero on November 14, 2019, 11:59:13 AM
My price with 50% off is 34 €.

I have all the DLC and I have Tacview advanced.

Give me a reason not to get the new edition  :).

They released a bundle including Tacview (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12584/Command_Modern_Operations__Tacview_Advanced/) with an added discount.

Buying this bundle brand new to Command is $112.48 USD
I have CMANO so this bundle will cost me $82.48 with the 50% off of CMO

If you have already bought CMO from Matrix and activated it on steam, then can you buy this bundle and get Tacview 25% off?
I'm guessing it would be $52.50 if Steam counts CMO as purchased.

Yskonyn

Usually with bundles Steams already sees what you have in your library and adjusts price accordingly, so my guess is yes.

But you'll see it in the Steam store right away.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 16, 2019, 11:08:04 AM
Usually with bundles Steams already sees what you have in your library and adjusts price accordingly, so my guess is yes.

But you'll see it in the Steam store right away.

Yes, you still get the discount afterwards....it is 52.49 after the 25% discount.  I am going to wait and see if tacview direct web site has their normal winter sales where it was 50% off in the past.  Rather only pay $35 and I am in no hurry:)

Pete Dero

Quote from: mbar on November 16, 2019, 10:22:51 AM
Quote from: Pete Dero on November 14, 2019, 11:59:13 AM
My price with 50% off is 34 €.

I have all the DLC and I have Tacview advanced.

Give me a reason not to get the new edition  :).

They released a bundle including Tacview (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12584/Command_Modern_Operations__Tacview_Advanced/) with an added discount.

Buying this bundle brand new to Command is $112.48 USD
I have CMANO so this bundle will cost me $82.48 with the 50% off of CMO

If you have already bought CMO from Matrix and activated it on steam, then can you buy this bundle and get Tacview 25% off?
I'm guessing it would be $52.50 if Steam counts CMO as purchased.

Bundle :  Command: Modern Operations   33,99 € (= -50 %)
               Tacview Advanced                       61,95 € (= normal price)

Total without extra discount :                             95,94 €

To Pay ( -25% ) = 71,95 €  (Saved : 23,99 € so you get Tacview for 37.96 €)
You get the extra discount also on the base game !

mbar

Thanks folks. I can buy from Matrix then and still get Tacview discount. O0 Sweet.

Pete Dero

Quote from: mbar on November 16, 2019, 12:13:14 PM
Thanks folks. I can buy from Matrix then and still get Tacview discount. O0 Sweet.

I understand the reason to buy directly from Matrix but in this case I guess the Steam bundle is a better deal.

Steam and Matrix offer 50% off for owning the original but Steam gives you an extra 25% on the whole bundle. 
If my math is correct the extra discount is 8.50 € (Base game at 50% x 25%).

Grim.Reaper

cheaper yes right now, assuming a person only wants the steam version of the game plus only the steam version of tacview.  but for me at least saving $8 is not that big of a deal especially since i prefer a non steam version of tacview and the game.  plus if tacview does what it has in the past during various sales, they have reduced the price by 50% which then makes buying tacview even cheaper later.  thought i also read that buying the non steam version of tacview gets you a steam key as well.  so best of both worlds but of course each person can choose path for themselves:)

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

solops

Confused...I have not been keeping up with this new version of CMANO, have not played in a while. I did see the 50% discount and went ahead and got it as a CMANO owner. TAcview, I thought it was just a feature of the new CMO version of CMANO. Is it something separate?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Jarhead0331

Quote from: solops on November 17, 2019, 11:08:33 AM
Confused...I have not been keeping up with this new version of CMANO, have not played in a while. I did see the 50% discount and went ahead and got it as a CMANO owner. TAcview, I thought it was just a feature of the new CMO version of CMANO. Is it something separate?

Yes. Tacview is a totally separate program that you must purchase separately.

https://www.tacview.net/purchase/buy/en/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18