Main Menu

ARMA 3

Started by Toonces, February 20, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Thomm on July 15, 2019, 06:47:56 AM
The only thing that I came up with was a better collision detection between player and vegetation. Does any game actually do this (Quick research: Unreal Engine 4 goes into the right direction, but does not enforce contact strictly. Must be a penalty method)? A lot of immersion would be gained if plants would realistically move out of the way of the player, especially in a first-person game.

If I recall correctly, Horizon: Zero Dawn does this.

QuoteOn the other hand, being spotted and shot at through vegetation was still a noticable problem.

Yep, and this is something I've never seen a game get right.  It forces you to turn the fancy vegetation graphics off in games like these, so that you aren't at a disadvantage.

Grim.Reaper

the alien contact dlc released yesterday....a little expensive for me right now, sure i'll pick up in some future sale

JasonPratt

I was going to post Rimmy's play through the contact campaign, but I decided that would be too spoilery.

Please instead accept this video AAR of Warhammer 40k Space Finnish Russians facing Iron Warriors in a winter Chernarus. This heavy fire is from Valhalla, with love.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Rimmy invades a Pacific island with his US Marine players, against a Japanese team; Arma continues to be just amazing (and amusingly buggy).

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 25, 2019, 03:48:03 PM
Rimmy invades a Pacific island with his US Marine players, against a Japanese team; Arma continues to be just amazing (and amusingly buggy).

I looked at Viliers Bocage from the point of view of some of the Rifle Brigade trying to get out of town:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 29, 2019, 09:15:55 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 25, 2019, 03:48:03 PM

I looked at Viliers Bocage from the point of view of some of the Rifle Brigade trying to get out of town:

Fixed a Tank Problem:

MengJiao

Jarhead0331

What mods are you running for the WWII stuff?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2019, 08:58:25 AM

All of the Faces of War and the Last Days of the Empire and all the CUPs and LTE compatability things plus UNSUNG and Indochina War to get some Israeli 1948 Negev atmosphere.  The Mods still have lots of weirdnesses such as which tanks are in which formations plus odd linguistic problems.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 31, 2019, 09:50:54 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 31, 2019, 08:58:25 AM

All of the Faces of War and the Last Days of the Empire and all the CUPs and LTE compatability things plus UNSUNG and Indochina War to get some Israeli 1948 Negev atmosphere.  The Mods still have lots of weirdnesses such as which tanks are in which formations plus odd linguistic problems.

Here's my Negev 1948 image:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on August 31, 2019, 09:52:23 PM

Here's my Negev 1948 image:

Anda "things go wrong in the Balkans, 1941" image:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 01, 2019, 10:44:53 PM

Anda "things go wrong in the Balkans, 1941" image:

And the Egyptian hell of the road to El Arish in 1949:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 02, 2019, 09:07:24 PM

In the South of France, the Forces of the Interior start going after trucks and Osttruppen:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 07, 2019, 04:25:25 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 02, 2019, 09:07:24 PM

In the South of France, the Forces of the Interior start going after trucks and Osttruppen:

And elsewhere the Marine regiment of the French 2nd Armored gets rolling:

W8taminute

Nice series of screenshots Meng.  Are these singleplayer missions or is this co-op multiplayer?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk