The Xth Annual GrogHeads March Madness Bracket Challenge!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 08, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

Quote from: OJsDad on March 23, 2017, 09:29:50 PM
Well, I'm pretty much done.  Three of my final four teams are out (thanks Michigan!).  So far, none of my elite 8 picks have made it.
Ditto.  :(

bayonetbrant

With Arizona going down, I'm now out of both of my title game teams.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

RANK BRACKET, OWNER          R64    R32   S16   E8    F4  NCG   CHAMPION    PPR   TOTAL    PCT
1    Straight Chalk          260    240    80    0    0    0    Villanova   480    580    94.6
2    avery knows dook sucks  250    220    80    0    0    0    UNC         800    550    81.8
3    Marty Ward              260    200    80    0    0    0    Kansas      720    540    77.4
4    KyzBP                   240    220    40    0    0    0    Kentucky    640    500    56.2
5*   Bison                   260    180    40    0    0    0    Gonzaga     720    480    45.2
5*   OJsDad                  240    200    40    0    0    0    UCLA        680    480    45.2
5*   MetalDog                260    140    80    0    0    0    Arizona     360    480    45.2
8    bayonetbrant            270    140     0    0    0    0    Louisville  160    410    17.0

What's crazy is that I had a better first round than anyone - even the Straight Chalk bracket - and have completely fallen off the map after that.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I'd like to thank Arizona for making this *NOT* my year  L:-)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Airboy, your right.  I have 3 teams that play today, that if they win, will help me a lot.

KyzBP and I go head to head with our picks for national champions tonight.  One will continue one with a chance of overall victory and the other will be left a bloody pulp lying in a muddy puddle in a cold spring rain.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Marty Ward

At least I  only need to check one side of the brackets. I am completely done on the left side!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Yeah the top half of my bracket is all crossed off too.  I was really hoping Kansas would lose to Iowa State for the third time this year.../sigh/

KyzBP

Quote from: OJsDad on March 24, 2017, 06:38:46 AM
Airboy, your right.  I have 3 teams that play today, that if they win, will help me a lot.

KyzBP and I go head to head with our picks for national champions tonight.  One will continue one with a chance of overall victory and the other will be left a bloody pulp lying in a muddy puddle in a cold spring rain.

I feel cold and wet already. :-\

airboy

I cannot be the sacrificial goat this year.  I've at least got Brant beat if everything else goes to hell.

Bison

Quote from: airboy on March 24, 2017, 02:32:33 PM
I cannot be the sacrificial goat this year.  I've at least got Brant beat if everything else goes to hell.

It looks like you are sitting in the best position as far as final four teams go.  Ultimately it's going to depend on who picked the winner, unless some how a dark horse team like Xavier wins it all.

Bison

Tonight's south bracket is really going to go a long way in sorting out who the winner will be.  Kentucky v. UCLA and Butler v. UNC.  Three of those teams are someone's pick for the winner.  Eek!  Don't let me down Butler!

bayonetbrant

that's setting the bar pretty low this year!

Marty Ward

Quote from: Bison on March 24, 2017, 02:36:59 PM

It looks like you are sitting in the best position as far as final four teams go.  Ultimately it's going to depend on who picked the winner, unless some how a dark horse team like Xavier wins it all.

They way the scoring goes if you just pick the final 4, the final and the winner and you probably win. Out of the 130+ games you really only need to pick the right 15.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

airboy

Quote from: Marty Ward on March 24, 2017, 03:52:43 PM
Quote from: Bison on March 24, 2017, 02:36:59 PM

They way the scoring goes if you just pick the final 4, the final and the winner and you probably win. Out of the 130+ games you really only need to pick the right 15.

Yep.  Somewhere "else" I got the final four, the finals, and the winner right.  I was in the top 0.5% of the country at ESPN.  Killed everyone in my office pool.

I stopped sweating this years ago.  I try to figure out who the final 8 will be.  Then the final 4, finals and winner.  I do the rest of it pretty quick.  I admit that I picked Xavier to reach the sweet 16, but that was part and parcel of my picking dook to get knocked out early.

Bison

Well Butler is not playing well in the 1st half so far.