Matrix Games announce Command: Modern Operations (CMANO successor)

Started by al_infierno, September 03, 2019, 11:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

I wonder if it'll have an updated Falklands with new ground war capability.... :D
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

i forgot to do my typical price guessing:)

this one is tough for me since multiple ways it could go...on one hand maybe cheaper to bring in more people, on the other hand maybe more expensive to catch up on all the stuff they added along the way.

with all that said, i am going to guess they stay with current price of $79.99

of course if you want to see the tacview stuff, that is another $69.99 unless you wait until a future sale

JasonPratt

Steam has unlocked, $79.99.

DLCs are $19.99 if you haven't got them yet and/or registered them with Steam from a Matrix buy. (I bought CMANO from Matrix during the Winter sale last year, since that's when my yearly loyalty coupon also kicks in, but at the time there was no Steam crossover code; still might not be.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

My loyalty coupon is due to be sent to me in 2 or 3 days. Perfect timing!  O0 :smitten:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Boggit

Hi all,

I've just had a conversation with Paulo over at Slitherine. A couple of interesting things came up:

1. Does the new game the new game now replace my old copy of CMANO? If so I should now uninstall it from Steam.
    It looked like it did, but I asked him to please confirm as I wanted to be sure.

He replied "no, it's a different game. you can keep both of them on your HD :)"; and

2. He gave me some interesting information, which is mostly relevant to people who haven't yet got Command: Modern Operations

"Today, Slitherine and Matrix Games are going to release Command: Modern Operations, the premier military simulator for any possible engagement in a modern scenario, from counter-terrorism operations to nuclear tactical warfare. C: MO (https://www.matrixgames.com/game/command-modern-operations) is an evolution of C: MANO (released in 2013), but it's also a revolution on its own as it takes every single element and system of the original simulation to the next level. Everything from engine, database, maps, editing, accessibility, progression has been revamped and reshaped.

Command: Modern Operations is simulation developed by Warfare Sims that evolved to become the equivalent of perfection in modern warfare operational wargaming. So much so that in more recent years, what was purely a commercial game grew up to be a reference in professional wargaming, with the Professional edition being used by multiple military defence organizations across the world, including Pentagon, German Luftwaffe and British DSTL (Defence Science and Technology Laboratory)."

I'm including the PR about the new Command: Modern Operations to this email, while you can find some screenshots with captions (and the same PR) here:

https://we.tl/t-dJMUlkXDlW

Here you can also find our new trailer "What is Command: MO explained in two minutes":

I hope that is helpful to you all.

Best regards,
Boggit
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Pete Dero

My price with 50% off is 34 €.

I have all the DLC and I have Tacview advanced.

Give me a reason not to get the new edition  :).

They released a bundle including Tacview (https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12584/Command_Modern_Operations__Tacview_Advanced/) with an added discount.

mbar

I saw that bundle and that is a great deal. I'm thinking of just buying that bundle on Steam rather than buying both from the individual stores. Decisions.

Pete Dero

One thing I noticed is that the Tacview Steam edition doesn't install automatically in DCS as a module.   Maybe this is a bug but if you want to use Tacview exporter in DCS you might be better off (for now) using the non-steam version.
I tried this with the free version on Steam that somehow (it detected my licence ?) installed as the advanced edition.

How can I know if Tacview exporter is properly installed?

Tacview exporter is a module of DCS World. You should see its icon at the bottom of DCS World main menu screen. A dedicated control panel is also available under the SPECIAL tab in DCS World OPTIONS page.

al_infierno

I've seen murmurs that Tacview doesn't have fog of war implemented yet, so you can see undetected enemies in the 3D view.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Dimitris

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command

stolypin

Quote from: al_infierno on November 14, 2019, 03:15:39 PM
I've seen murmurs that Tacview doesn't have fog of war implemented yet, so you can see undetected enemies in the 3D view.

That's a bigger issue for me than the price.

Dimitris

Quote from: stolypin on November 14, 2019, 04:29:13 PM

You can voice your concern by voting for this feature: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 14, 2019, 09:19:58 AM
My loyalty coupon is due to be sent to me in 2 or 3 days. Perfect timing!  O0 :smitten:

Just a heads up....only one coupon code can be used per order at Matrix.  So if you own the existing game, you have to use either the 50% off discount or your coupon (of course if only higher than 50%).  If you don't previously own the game, then absolutely having the coupon code is great to cut the costs.

Destraex

I heard that as well.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dimitris

Quote from: Destraex on November 15, 2019, 12:49:27 AM

I heard that as well.

You can voice your concern by voting for this feature: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4709794