You'll Never Walk Alone on a FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, March 20, 2020, 08:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Radio stations across Europe created a heartwarming show of unity on Friday, playing football anthem 'You'll Never Walk Alone' in a bid to boost listener morale as millions of people have been forced to forgo their usual routines and social lives to abide by social distancing rules.

The 1963 Gerry and the Pacemakers hit was played out across European radio stations at 7:45 a.m. U.K. time/8:45 C.E.T
    Breakfast shows across the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Spain, Austria, Belgium, Estonia, Bulgaria, Finland, Bosnia, Denmark, Cyprus, France, Latvia, Ireland, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, Turkey, and Slovakia.
    The idea was prompted by a Dutch radio show host who wanted to demonstrate how the crisis "brings people together" said Britain's Radio 2 breakfast show host, Zoe Ball.
    "We want everyone to know that whatever they're going through, they're not alone," Ball said.

Not much gaming but maybe some Battlestar Galactica.

Gusington

Somewhat tentatively...Terminator: Resistance and maybe some Wreckfest.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

If given time (hah!), will set up new HOTAS and pedal system and fly me some planes (and helicopters)!  Otherwise, yard work methinks.

FlickJax

Panzer Corps 2 and puzzle quest as usual

airboy

I'm finishing up the 1939-1940 Germany Campaign by Erik (modder) for Order of Battle WW2.  Very long campaign and some of the scenarios are tough.  It has been excellent!

Anguille

Mostly the same as last week...buggy old Stellaris and Napoleon Total War...

GroggyGrognard

As usual, more of The Division 2 on the PS4.  Also, I may try to push some counters around and get Mark Herman's Waterloo Campaign 1815 back on the table again. I like the simple, but elegant system. His other game with the same game system, Gettysburg, is a blast to play.

Stay safe and good gaming, Grogs!

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Sir Slash

Playing, 'Grumpy Old Pool-Cleaner' and, 'Deathrace 2020: The Fight for Toilet Paper'.  ;D  Also some CM Market Garden and Pillars 2. Stay safe out there Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2020, 09:14:51 AM
Somewhat tentatively...Terminator: Resistance and maybe some Wreckfest.

My usual mix: mostly World of Warships and Hell Let Loose

CJReich46

Stellaris with the new Verne update - seeing how things go. I haven't had a contact with any AI races yet.

Panzer Corps 2 General Edition BABY! - got it with my Anniversary Coupon (it was time to use it)

but I work on Sunday  :uglystupid2: Yeah, the "joy" of retail.   

Good luck on Deathrace 2020: The Fight For Toilet Paper Sir Slash.  :DD
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

twitter3

Playing the Witcher 1 as it seems fitting with a semi-quarantine theme.

Rayfer

Quote from: FlickJax on March 20, 2020, 10:00:02 AM
Panzer Corps 2 and puzzle quest as usual

Aren't they the same game?  :D

Anguille

Reading the title, i expected this:

Fairly different

Martok

Have started a new Stellaris campaign in 2.1.3 with several mods installed.  I'm only about 25 years in, but I'd say it's definitely an improved my experience so far. 

Wanting to get back into Rome II as well, but I'm first reading up more on the DEI mod so that I have some idea of the changes made. 

Quote from: Anguille on March 20, 2020, 10:45:20 AM
I take it the 2.6 update didn't fix that sector display bug you've been dealing with? 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Quote from: Martok on March 20, 2020, 01:40:23 PM
Quote from: Anguille on March 20, 2020, 10:45:20 AM
I take it the 2.6 update didn't fix that sector display bug you've been dealing with?
Indeed, i guess i have to revert to some version back in order to have a working sector display  :-[