Main Menu

NFL QB's on Facebook

Started by Arctic Blast, March 25, 2013, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

This needs it's own thread. Mainly because I can't remember where the Hell the other one is.  ;D

Anyway, they're back with their thoughts about free agency. Is the relationship between Tom Brady and Wes Welker fractured forever? Is Joe Flacco elite? Does Matt Ryan take things too far in an insult war with Drew Brees? What horrible thing will Sam Bradford come up with this time? And what exactly has Michael Vick been up to?

Find out! http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-free-agency-edition/

Steelgrave

God, I love those......I lmao from start to finish.

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

LOL.  God, I can't get enough of these! 

AP:  "I'm so, so alone."  <snirk> 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

I just love Aaron Rodgers' obsession w/ Russell Wilson.

I don't get the Sam Bradford stuff, though.  That's the one part of this that's just not funny
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

dont know the teams or the players but thats funny

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2013, 05:45:59 AM
I just love Aaron Rodgers' obsession w/ Russell Wilson.
Well to be fair, Wilson does keep trolling him with douchey little comments.  :P 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2013, 05:45:59 AM
I don't get the Sam Bradford stuff, though.  That's the one part of this that's just not funny
While it's undeniably disgusting beyond belief, it's funny for at least three reasons: 

1.)  How utterly random and nonsensical his comments are

2.)  How they're (hopefully!) completely unlike anything Bradford would say in real life (even more so than the stuff the other QB's say)

3.)  The other guys' collective reaction to his comments. 

I dread Bradford's "contributions" as well, but I still can't help but laugh my ass off at them anyway.  Obviously YMMV. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Steelgrave

I dig everyone picking on Flacco and Romo's "what did I ever do to you guys" stuff, LMAO!

Arctic Blast

The Bradford stuff basically just Bizarro Sam. they basically picked the nicest guy in the bunch and turned him in to a lecherous filth monger. It's so wrong that I find it funny.  ;D

Steelgrave

Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 26, 2013, 05:07:03 PM
The Bradford stuff basically just Bizarro Sam. they basically picked the nicest guy in the bunch and turned him in to a lecherous filth monger. It's so wrong that I find it funny.  ;D

That's true. I was in Norman when Bradford QB'd there. He's one of the nicest guys you will ever know. I was pleased that he got his big contract the year before the rookie pay scale hammer went in  8)

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Steelgrave on March 26, 2013, 07:46:44 PM
Quote from: Arctic Blast on March 26, 2013, 05:07:03 PM

That's true. I was in Norman when Bradford QB'd there. He's one of the nicest guys you will ever know. I was pleased that he got his big contract the year before the rookie pay scale hammer went in  8)

He seems like a good guy, and he's tough as nails. Now if they'd only give him some targets to throw to...

TheCommandTent

I can't wait to see what QB's on FB does with the latest news on Flacco.   ;D

QuoteBaltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco will add "actor" to his resume as the Super Bowl XLVII MVP and $120.6 million dollar man will portray the legendary Johnny Unitas in the upcoming film "Unitas We Stand", reports Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.

Joe Unitas, Johnny Unitas' son, says that Flacco will portray his Hall of Fame father in scenes from the 1958 NFL championship game, or "The Greatest Game Ever Played".

"Obviously, the Baltimore ties are very important to me," Joe Unitas said. "I think it's great that Joe just won the Super Bowl with the Ravens and was Most Valuable Player in the game. A lot of the way Joe plays and his demeanor reminds me a lot of my dad. He's not a rah-rah guy. He throws a touchdown and maybe there's a little fist pump. He understands his job is all about winning and he does a phenomenal job leading the offense and the team and obviously they've developed a lot of trust after becoming a champion. He's an awesome teammate and great leader of the team."

Filming will take place this summer and will not interfere with Flacco's availability for the start of training camp.

"I'm excited and honored by the opportunity to play Johnny Unitas," Flacco said in a statement posted on www.unitaswestand.com, the film's official website.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/ravens-qb-joe-flacco-portray-johnny-unitas-upcoming-023324056--nfl.html
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Martok

Oh yeah, they'll definitely use that for fodder, no question! 

Arctic Blast

I almost totally missed the latest one, put up after the first round of the draft : http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-draft-valry/

Will Joe Flacco finally attain elite status?
What does ten bucks have to say about first round pick EJ Manuel?
Who is Archie Manning's favorite (and least favorite) son? (This is probably my favorite piece of this particular entry)

All that and more, including a special appearance by...oh my...really?...yes?...wow...

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Arctic Blast on April 28, 2013, 03:21:49 PM
I almost totally missed the latest one, put up after the first round of the draft : http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-draft-valry/

Will Joe Flacco finally attain elite status?
What does ten bucks have to say about first round pick EJ Manuel?
Who is Archie Manning's favorite (and least favorite) son? (This is probably my favorite piece of this particular entry)

All that and more, including a special appearance by...oh my...really?...yes?...wow...

Another excellent edition.  Thanks for the link.