Whats on your painting table/workbench?

Started by TheCommandTent, July 08, 2012, 09:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Excellent looking figures DV8. 

Nothing ruins mini painting for you then when you cloud them with a matte finishing spray.   :(
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

I've always been a big fan of the Jagdpanther for some reason. It's lines are attractive. Not much of a TD, but it sure looks good.

So a while back I bought a set of them and have had them lying around. Recently I picked up some red color primer at Lowes figuring it was about the same rust red primer color the Krauts used on their equipment during WWII.

Here's a pick with the primer on:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

And now a pick with the base coat over the top armor. Didn't mess with the road wheels yet as I was using them to hold the minis. That's next, along with a second base coat, then on to the fun.

Staggerwing

Looking forward to more! Now that I've moved one of my sons to a different bedroom I might just turn his old one into a hobby/computer gaming&repair room. We'll see if some model building will fit in as well now that I have Saturdays off.

Quote from: LongBlade on September 13, 2012, 09:48:46 PM
I've always been a big fan of the Jagdpanther for some reason. It's lines are attractive. Not much of a TD, but it sure looks good.

Must be those fond memories of your first PanzerBlitz game... :)

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

DV8

Lookin good LB. 

However, I'm somewhat concerned since my Americans will be looking down the wrong end of the barrel at those Jagdpanthers.  :'(
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

undercovergeek

LongBlade

Quote from: DV8 on September 14, 2012, 05:55:58 AM
Lookin good LB. 

However, I'm somewhat concerned since my Americans will be looking down the wrong end of the barrel at those Jagdpanthers.  :'(

The good news is I have no army list that includes them. Grey Wolf doesn't have specs. I can proxy them for a number of rather unsettling TDs including stuff like the Ferdinand (I think - have to double check) but I've been unable to find the exact tank in my list. However, I did pick up that book with the Devil's Brigade in it. I don't remember seeing the Jagdpanther in it but will double check today when I see you.

I really just bought them because I like the look and wanted them hanging around the house. But I wouldn't cry if I found a list that included them. Heh.

LongBlade

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 14, 2012, 06:45:25 AM
great looking minis - are they plastic?

Heck no.

One of the things I like about this scale is they make the vehicles with some heft to them. I haven't weighed the mini, but just picking it up there is probably a pound  worth of pewter in each of them. Pushing them around the battlefield feels like you're actually doing something.

DV8

It's got to be in some list somewhere since BF makes the model.

"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

LongBlade

Bison

Crap.  Looks like Ancient Aliens was correct.  The Nazis were in negotiations with aliens.  Good thing we kicked their ass before they fielded the new arsenal.

Barthheart

Quote from: LongBlade on September 25, 2012, 09:39:11 AM
More for DV8 to worry about...

Those models look nice. How's the overall quality/worth the money? Do they come with stands and are they swivel (looks like in the pic)?

LongBlade

Quote from: Barthheart on September 25, 2012, 09:54:07 AM
Those models look nice. How's the overall quality/worth the money? Do they come with stands and are they swivel (looks like in the pic)?

I am working on a full review now.

Overall the quality is very good. The white one - dreadnought - however, was in fairly rough shape. It's resin and had a fair amount of bleeding over the mold. Nothing that some time with a file couldn't fix, but it wasn't that clean when I got it.

The pewter are great. The undersides on all the Romulan vessels actually have the bird of prey etched into them for ease of painting! I exchanged email with Mongoose and they indicated that by next year they hope to have etching on the underside of the Klingon Romulan ships, too.

The pricing on Amazon may be the best on the web. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088DE5KM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0088DE5KM&linkCode=as2&tag=grogheads-20