Andean Abyss

Started by PanzersEast, June 20, 2014, 09:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I have eyed this for a while and A Distant Plain, however Andean Abyss has really intrigued me.  Any feedback from you guys on this one.  I still have yet do a real play through of Labyrinth, but it is on my shortlist.

PE

bayonetbrant

I would take AA over ADP, and here's what I said on BGG when someone asked about the COIN games

QuoteI've played a bunch of both ADP and AA

While I like ADP a lot, I feel Andean Abyss is a bit more versatile, as it seems to play better with fewer than 4 people.  ADP always felt like it had to have 4 people to 'feel' right.

I also think AA captures the a conflict at a level not normally dealt with, whereas I've seen any number of strat-level Afghanistan games, so AA gives you a diferent time/place that you won't find in other games.

But yeah, I'll second the vote that you can't go wrong and they're all great games.  I'm kind of picking nits here because you asked about differences
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

PanzersEast

Thanks, abstractly looking at them both, Andean Abyss seems more interesting and diverse.  I will try to pick this one up.

PE