Age of Sigmar

Started by Bison, December 24, 2016, 10:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

God help, but I am considering purchasing either the Age of Sigmar Starter Set or Spire of Dawn set.  Both come with quite the collection of minis and aren't horribly priced.  This will give me plenty to build and paint...and maybe a nice introduction to minis wargaming for the family.

My understanding is the WG changed the point/list system with AoS, so that it's optional and you can mix and match different factions. 

Anyone play AoS or recommend another fantasy mini war game?

bayonetbrant

The kids at game camp this summer played with the Age of Sigmar starter set a bunch and really enjoyed it. Age range was 9-14 or so.
Decent little starter set, and pretty basic intro rules they picked up in about 20 minutes. You can also use non-GW minis, which of course they don't want you to do.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Cool.  I think the major difference is the other set is aelves and skavens.