Main Menu

I FRIDAY away

Started by Martok, February 07, 2020, 01:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

It's awesome you guys are digging my song choice.  AiC is one of my favorite groups of all time (despite my not having really "discovered" them until around 15 years ago), and I've been listening to some of their work again more recently.  :) 

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 07, 2020, 01:10:51 PM
Busy weekend assisting the family with the birth of our 4th Grandchild, another boy. For some reason they won't let me near the kid for long.  ::)  If I get time, it'll be some Baldur's Gate 2 EE or Pillars 2. Have a good one all.  O0
Congratulations!  I too can't imagine why they wouldn't want near the boy.  Certainly you won't be a bad influence on him...  O:-) 

Quote from: 88mmkwk on February 07, 2020, 11:58:42 PM
Hooked up with Europa Univeralis IV and a sack of DLC's from the recent HumbleBundle deal.  This is NOT gonna be a one night stand - this gal is deep!  Going through the initial tutorials, starting to read the manuals, and tons o' YouTube video watching.  The joy of new game discovery is an endorphin rush satisfaction I hadn't had in a while, and EU4 is proving to be a joy to figure out.....Nothing like being late to the party but getting in for $17!!  :bd:
Shush, you.  Tempt me not with your talk about yet another grand-strategy masterpiece!  :knuppel2: 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Destraex

Been playing supcom and tried the campaign for Steel Division 2 - cannot get past spending 20-30 minutes setting up a battle. Needing to save it and leave it but not being able to. It's insane.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

Mom, Dad, and baby coming home today and all is well. Baby stuck his tongue out at Grandpa the first time I held him but at least he didn't pee on me which is more than I can say about myself sometimes.

I did a little BG 2 and finished the quest for the EE's NPC, 'Hexxat', a vampire Thief that was set in D&D'd Shou Lung where she is from. It was pretty good for an add-on quest but very short.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Nice.  :) 

I take it that quest is available in the Extended Edition only, then? 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Sir Slash

Correct. There are several new NPC's included with the Enhanced Edition each with their own quest to go with them. But they are almost all, 'evil' aligned so they don't play well with the traditional NPC's but if you want to do an, 'evil' play-through, they're perfect.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.