NFL gives 'free money' to scientific study...

Started by MetalDog, May 23, 2016, 10:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

...then tries to get $16,000,000 back when the doctor leading the study they 'paid' for, is actually going to do, you know, science.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/nfl-turns--30m-donation-into-another-credibility-crisis-222154749.html
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Seriously, are they trying to make me stop watching? The NFL has spent the past 5 years alternating between acting like mustached villains tying damsels to railway tracks and showing a sub-Keystone Cops level understanding of how to get away with anything. I would call them incompetent, but that's an insult to those who are merely incompetent.

MetalDog

I won't lie, nothing would make me happier than for the NFL to stop being a bully.  What they have done to baseball especially, but all the other sports to some degree, is just wrong.  But, I really enjoy watching football.  And playing Fantasy Football is a blast.  So, I don't want it to go away, I just want it humbled.  And it looks like Goodell and the guys he works for, are going to to do just that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Quote from: MetalDog on May 25, 2016, 09:31:17 PM
I won't lie, nothing would make me happier than for the NFL to stop being a bully.  What they have done to baseball especially, but all the other sports to some degree, is just wrong.  But, I really enjoy watching football.  And playing Fantasy Football is a blast.  So, I don't want it to go away, I just want it humbled.  And it looks like Goodell and the guys he works for, are going to to do just that.

At this point, I'm wondering how much longer they're willing to be look like blithering idiots. Because this has not been a kind past few years. I don't remember a sports league continually screw up their own PR this badly for this long ever before.