Origins 2018 ~ June 13-17 (Columbus OH)

Started by bayonetbrant, June 21, 2017, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HellCat6

Glad I found this thread!

First time I've tried to register for Origins as a participant in events, not part of a vendor, and what an ugly mess its been. I thought I was just incompetent, then looked on this thread, and realize it may not be me...

Tim

airboy

The next day and it is still screwed up.  No Rogue Cthulhu events appear after Thursday and most of the tabletop games don't show.  Not sure what else is messed up since that is what I'm looking for.

bayonetbrant

A bunch of our events are missing, too.  See if you can find #7841 in the listing
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Origins: Five Full Days of Trying to Register
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

airboy

Quote from: mirth on May 03, 2018, 10:56:52 AM
https://twitter.com/medik68/status/991778955660275715

I did not know that the entity that did the programing for registration was a cat.  This explains so much.

If a dog screwed up this badly it would at least feel guilty.

bayonetbrant

it looks like everything is working now
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 03, 2018, 12:30:48 PM
it looks like everything is working now

Now the events are showing up, but you cannot register for them.

These folks are just screw-ups.

mirth

I have a feeling their web team is in India.

Barthheart

mirth

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

mirth

http://ragingowlbear.blogspot.com/2018/05/origins-registration-crapfest-again.html

And this explains everything:

QuoteThe site was throwing Cold Fusion errors left and right. That's right. Event Ready uses Cold Fusion, which was a hot technology sometime back in the mid-1990s while most of us were still writing BASH scripts for the /cgi-bin/ folder.

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD :DD

airboy

For me at least it is working.  I cancelled my placeholder events and was able to register for things I wanted to play.

I've got a full schedule.  I'll probably no-show something to go to the dealers room at some point.

I did not get every single event that I wanted, but I got most of what I hoped to get.