Only in America...

Started by Jarhead0331, October 14, 2019, 02:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

...can a shooting range be mistaken for the Turkish invasion of Syria. I can't stop laughing at these media bozos.  :2funny:

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 14, 2019, 02:05:19 PM
...can a shooting range be mistaken for the Turkish invasion of Syria. I can't stop laughing at these media bozos.  :2funny:

Not just America unfortunately.

Media outlets have become so consumed with the "exclusive" report that they don't bother checking sources anymore.

It's a crying shame because to combat the shite we get fed from non media sources, we need a safe, credible source of genuine news.
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

I'm surprised ABC didn't claim this was a, 'parody' of the war in Syria. Next they'll have toy soldiers in plastic tanks in a sandbox.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

They originally labeled the film "Turkish attacks on civilians."  [not satire].

Silent Disapproval Robot

At least they're aren't using footage from ArmA this time.

MetalDog

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 14, 2019, 04:06:54 PM

Media outlets have become so consumed with the "exclusive" report that they don't bother checking sources anymore.

It's a crying shame because to combat the shite we get fed from non media sources, we need a safe, credible source of genuine news.

I am sure I am looking through rose colored glasses at my youth, but, didn't the news just report the facts when we were kids? 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MetalDog on October 14, 2019, 11:34:38 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 14, 2019, 04:06:54 PM

I am sure I am looking through rose colored glasses at my youth, but, didn't the news just report the facts when we were kids?
I might be wearing the same glasses - but yes? That's probably down to the fact there wasn't the plethora of online "fake" resources that there are now. The web is a great place if it's used right - it's also filthy with lies and useless crap if you don't.
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

That's why the, 'Main-Stream Media' is supposed to giving us straight facts without political bias. But they don't. They're so in the tank for the Democrats they don't even bother to hide it anymore. And as their ideology has turned sharp left, their ignorance level has skyrocketed thus their showing Shooting Range video as actual Combat Footage. My 2 cents.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Tripoli

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 15, 2019, 09:41:41 AM
That's why the, 'Main-Stream Media' is supposed to giving us straight facts without political bias. But they don't. They're so in the tank for the Democrats they don't even bother to hide it anymore. And as their ideology has turned sharp left, their ignorance level has skyrocketed thus their showing Shooting Range video as actual Combat Footage. My 2 cents.

While I agree the media's bias has blinded them to reality, another problem is that their reporters and editors have little-to-no experience in the matters on which they report.  For instance, look at the footage of the alleged attack that was run.  Most military vets would notice a couple of problems with the footage.  For instance, all the explosions were both spectacular, and seemed to be consistently orininating from the same location.  Not to say that it couldn't happen, but the "Hollywood" nature of the video would make most vets think that the attack was at least staged.  I doubt that that thought ever occurred to the editors, because they don't have any experience about the matters on which they report.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Right, their closed-mindedness contributes to their willingness to accept anything as fact that is fed to them by what they consider reliable. They have no natural skeptical thinking that every good journalist, and scientist, should have. Could just as easily be a Right Wing bias blinding them to a desire to report the truth.

Gusington

Don Lemon will save is all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Ubercat

Only the folks who aren't straight white males.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Staggerwing

Still gotta watch out for the crooked ones though.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

DoctorQuest

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 15, 2019, 12:27:18 PM
Could just as easily be a Right Wing bias blinding them to a desire to report the truth.

:2funny: :DD
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Sir Slash

I thought that would wake somebody up.   ::)