forgot the mugs - ill be back with white for those

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

Thankyou chaps - 2 more squads of 7, an officer and bodyguard, a sniper team, an arty observer and and an mmg team to go - that's 500 points ready for the matches in Feb

Staggerwing

Damn. You don't do things by halves, do you?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Lol - no 40k this, you get a lot of shit for 500 points!

undercovergeek

with 21 more paras to paint it seemed like the perfect time...............

to paint a german instead - i think this is the model equivalent of those guys i see lamenting the pile of board games they have and keep adding to - despite the best of intentions and promises to not choose another force until the airborne were done, i couldnt help it

My German force will be standard Heer but the models will be the SS models because for some reason theyre just a much better looking model and have cool looking smocks. I made the scarf and hood (obviously not visible here, its behind him!) from green stuff, and theyll be a winter force - just a theme, nothing special with different rules or anything

just waiting on some winter tufts and working on how to make snow for the base and hes done

Tuna

bbmike

Once you are done painting a figure, do you spray the whole thing with some kind of clear, protective finish?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

BanzaiCat

Nice work!

Just curious, why did you paint the trousers of the German soldier in green camo and not field gray or a similar color to his coat?

bob48

Camo smocks were usually reversible - camo one side and snow on the other - I guess that is what 'geek is modeling?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on January 29, 2018, 09:56:56 AM
Camo smocks were usually reversible - camo one side and snow on the other - I guess that is what 'geek is modeling?

what bob said plus the picture i found for reference had these camo trousers and a white winter jacket - sumpfmuster i think its called