GH 2018 Fantasy Baseball League

Started by MetalDog, February 23, 2018, 10:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I know we hadn't included them before. I was asking if it was an option, with the possible followup of "do we want to?"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I am never sure when I do these what the level of commitment and knowledge is of the participants.  So I try to keep it pretty basic.  Have mostly recognizable stats so everyone knows what they are looking at more or less.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

KyzBP

MetalDog

Is that 9 or 10?  Everybody PM me an e-mail addy for the invite.  Looks like I will have to start a new GH league.

OJsDad

Are  you doing this through Yahoo.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

MetalDog

Just sent invites to anyone who PM'd me an address.  If you want in and did not receive an email, please PM me your email address.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Some housekeeping notes:

Roster is

1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, 7 Bench spots, 2 D(isabled) L(ist), and 1 NA.  That means 21 Roster spots with 14 active at any time.  The NA spot functions to hold players who are coming up from the Minors and haven't been rostered by their parent club.  It also will hold players on Bereavement/Family/Concussion Protocol.

100 moves max for the season.  We never got much past 40 last year, but, it doesn't hurt to have a few lying around at the end if you need them.

I am open to removing the generic P(itcher) spot and leave it 2 SP and 2 RP.  There is a 25 innings pitched minimum each week.  Don't meet it and you lose all the pitching categories for that week's matchup.  Even if you were winning some of them.  It's there in case we have somebody run into RL and can't get to their team for a while.  It's unfair enough to their opponents that they may lose some batting stats.  Losing the pitching stats due to not enough IP softens the blow.

We have 2 divisions.  I am currently soliciting names for said divisions.  I was sure Yankees Rule and Red Sox Drool wouldn't be acceptable to everyone ;) 

There are 6 playoff teams as long as we get at least 10 players.  It will be 4 if there are only 8 teams.  The 2 Division winners get the top 2 spots in the playoffs.  Everyone else will be seeded by record.

If I think of anything else, I will post it in this thread.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on March 11, 2018, 08:40:25 PM
I am currently soliciting names for said divisions.  I was sure Yankees Rule and Red Sox Drool wouldn't be acceptable to everyone ;) 

The Sucking Trebeks
The Ignorant Sluts

or maybe that was only funny in my head...

MetalDog

You mean Will Ferrell versus Jane Curtin?

bayonetbrant

Like I said, it was really only funny in my head, esp since I'm not a fan of Will Ferrell...

MetalDog

Another bit of housekeeping, this is a live draft event.  The draft is scheduled for Monday, March 26 at 8:45 EDT.  I may have explained upthread why it's that day and time, but, the short version is, I just won't have time until then.  And half the fun of doing this is drafting the players. 

If you've not done it before, I suggest you take advantage of the Mock Draft ability accessed from your Team page or, I believe, from the League page.  Just look about an inch down from the top of the screen and you should see a dozen or so options including Draft.  Hold the cursor over it for a drop down and Mock Draft is one of the options presented.  I suggest joining a 10 team Mock as I expect that's about the level of participation we will get this year.  The default settings for roster size and composition as well as scoring categories are very similar to what we use, if not exactly.  Be prepared, the time between picks is only 30 seconds and it can be overwhelming and a bit stressful if you aren't prepared for it.

Hope you Mock, hope you enjoy, and looking forward to the new season!

MetalDog

If you are planning to get in and still haven't PM'd me, please do so soon.  We have 8 teams in, I have a fish on the hook to make 9 and we have room for 3 more teams.