What Is The Last Movie or TV Show You Saw?

Started by CosPetia, May 27, 2014, 05:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Warehouse 13 was a lot of fun but Eureka was more funnerest.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on May 31, 2014, 04:29:55 PM
Warehouse 13 was a lot of fun but Eureka was more funnerest.

QFT.

I can't bring myself to watch the last few episodes of Eureka because it WILL suck to realize it's all over.

Staggerwing

Eureka was also terrific. I loved the whole cast (even James Callas). I'm glad that both shows got to actually wrap things up instead of just vanishing, POOF!, at the end of a season cliffhanger such as is the fate of many good tv shows.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 31, 2014, 05:37:39 PM
Eureka was also terrific. I loved the whole cast (even James Callas). I'm glad that both shows got to actually wrap things up instead of just vanishing, POOF!, at the end of a season cliffhanger such as is the fate of many good tv shows.

Fringe - awesome

BanzaiCat

Chuck was downright addictive.

Psych has its moments. The characters all have great chemistry.

Burn Notice is pretty good, too.

Staggerwing

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 31, 2014, 06:25:28 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 31, 2014, 05:37:39 PM

Fringe - awesome

Another great show, although I actually liked the episodes concerning the whole multiverse Good Walter/Bad Walter(not so bad after all) plot line better than the 'All your Base Are Belong to Observers' finale.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

skeptical.platypus

Quote from: MetalDog on May 31, 2014, 11:21:27 AM
Quote from: skeptical.platypus on May 31, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
After reading all of the hoopla here, I finally binged on the first season of Sons of Anarchy.

I get it now. I feel very SAMCRO peddling my bike along the banks of the Green River, I assure you.

Starting Justified after Leonard has passed isn't the smartest thing I'll ever do, either. But so is putting off watching it this long.

Sons is one of the all time great television shows.  Having said that, if you are going to binge watch, just try to power through Season 3.  IIRC, that's the one where they go to Ireland in pursuit of a goal very near to Jax's heart.  Other than that, it's been a VERY satisfying experience.

That is very good to know. I confess I did a little reading ahead and saw that show moved to ireland for a season (even to the extend of there being a samc belfast?), which sounded dangerously like shark jumping.

I gotta admit, I was disappointed to see the actor who plays Fusco in Person of Interest not keep playing samcro's ira contact.
The Law of Unintended Consequences, Seattle Pride Variant: The only city on the planet that can guarantee your purchase of recreational marijuana is from a stoner making $15/hr.

GDS_Starfury

the ending was good.  I could buy into it in way that wasn't possible with the Sopranos or BSG. \
it wasn't break bad great but it was good.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 31, 2014, 05:37:39 PMboth shows got to actually wrap things up instead of just vanishing, POOF!, at the end of a season cliffhanger such as is the fate of many good tv shows.

cough*Alphas*cough
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 02, 2014, 05:35:43 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on May 31, 2014, 05:37:39 PMboth shows got to actually wrap things up instead of just vanishing, POOF!, at the end of a season cliffhanger such as is the fate of many good tv shows.

cough*Alphas*cough

One of the many.  :(

undercovergeek

oh man alphas just hatched on Netflix - is it an unfinished series?

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 02, 2014, 08:20:07 AM
oh man alphas just hatched on Netflix - is it an unfinished series?

Pretty much. The network executive dickweeds axed the show after the second season, if I remember right. I started watching it on Netflix, loved it, but gave it up after a few episodes when I saw it was cancelled after two seasons.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 31, 2014, 06:39:11 PM
Chuck was downright addictive.

Psych has its moments. The characters all have great chemistry.

Burn Notice is pretty good, too.

Chuck and Burn Notice are two of my favorite "lite" shows. Fun, great casts, and don't require much brain power to enjoy.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Latest X-Men movie last night.

Wife has me watching Sherlock from the UK.

Both have been excellent

GDS_Starfury

so the very first two Next Gen episodes are on BBC America right now.
many lulz to be had!