Collectible Minis Games

Started by bayonetbrant, May 23, 2012, 09:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I almost broke down and picked up the Axis and Allies Angel 20 Starter Kit.  The only reason I didn't is because I've been looking at Wings of War (Glory) and the upcoming WW1 revised game.  I might still go back to the LGS and pick it up, but $35 seems a little steep to be honest for 6 planes and another $20 to get a booster with 3 random planes.

Sunflare

Bison, the starter for Angels 20 also comes with ALL the cards for the first set.  It makes it very easy to proxy with far more affordable planes and still have a great game.

Bison

OK Thanks Sunflare.  I'll need to reconsider purchasing it.

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Toonces

I spent a lot of time yesterday looking at Flames of War.  I'd like to get into a minis game, but I'm not sure FoW is the right one.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

LongBlade

Quote from: Toonces on June 19, 2012, 12:54:38 PM
I spent a lot of time yesterday looking at Flames of War.  I'd like to get into a minis game, but I'm not sure FoW is the right one.

What are you looking for? I play a few minis game, am a fairly recent newcomer to the genre, and may be able to help with recommendations.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

LB can sure play with his mini.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 26, 2012, 10:49:12 PM
LB can sure play with his mini.

Hey, dork: you're doing it wrong.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.