Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism

Started by bayonetbrant, October 19, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

^ That's some tough livin'.  I mean, Milwaulkie's Best?   #:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: Toonces on October 09, 2017, 09:44:13 AM
^ That's some tough livin'.  I mean, Milwaulkie's Best?   #:-)

Is that for when they can't afford Milwaulkee's Best
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Toonces

I knew it didn't look right, but autocorrect didn't catch it for some reason.   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Toonces on October 09, 2017, 01:23:43 PM
I knew it didn't look right, but autocorrect didn't catch it for some reason.   ::)

sometimes spellcheck doesn't go for capitalized words, figuring names are all over the place

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on October 12, 2017, 07:07:46 AM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/us/south-carolina-jail-no-lawyer.html

Having lived in South Carolina for almost five years, and still having friends in the law enforcement Community there, it is no surprise at all to me that it is generally a disaster once someone enters the system

bayonetbrant

mirth

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

mirth

mirth