Main Menu

Gimme some FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 09, 2018, 01:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Hmmmmm...maybe some Warhammer Total War II, ARMA III, DCS, Armored Brigade and Star Citizen 3.3 if the live build comes out as expected.

Everybody enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Hofstadter

Job hunting for me. Got let go today from another part time when they saw my arm. Whee

Games wise, new update for Insurgency, might get that and see how it performs. New DLC for Mius front is always fun. Hoping the Squad public testing thing fixes up, a bunch of people are having trouble just loading into a map. Cooking wise, got myself a big bamboo steamer, gonna make some pork bao buns.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Anguille

Quote from: Hofstadter on November 09, 2018, 03:41:49 AM
Job hunting for me. Got let go today from another part time when they saw my arm. Whee

Games wise, new update for Insurgency, might get that and see how it performs. New DLC for Mius front is always fun. Hoping the Squad public testing thing fixes up, a bunch of people are having trouble just loading into a map. Cooking wise, got myself a big bamboo steamer, gonna make some pork bao buns.
Uh....what's with your arm if i may ask?

I think i'll play some Horizon tonight. Then i'll be gone for 3 weeks....South Africa and Zimbabwe. Not sure yet what i am going to play on my travel netbook.

Hofstadter

Quote from: Anguille on November 09, 2018, 05:18:15 AM

I think i'll play some Horizon tonight. Then i'll be gone for 3 weeks....South Africa and Zimbabwe. Not sure yet what i am going to play on my travel netbook.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20718.0  Everything in there.

Also, the Squad v12 just released on the main branch, that was like....just over a day testing???
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Anguille

Quote from: Hofstadter on November 09, 2018, 05:28:41 AM
Quote from: Anguille on November 09, 2018, 05:18:15 AM

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=20718.0  Everything in there.

Sorry to read this....can't understand why anyone would let you go because of that...good luck

Dammit Carl!

Shitty thing they did to you, Hof. 

Weekend seems full with other things, so possibly a big no-go on any "large," scale gaming.  Having said that, if/when I do anything, I'll be playing RS2:Vietnam more often than not.

JasonPratt

Usual suspects! -- umping the Grogpublic along (into the Pyrrhic War, fortunately without Pyrrhus since he died before his war could get going); Age of Wonders 3: Eternal Lords with Ysk; StratCom Classic vs Shelldrake; looking for what I'm supposed to do next in Shadow of War (I assume go chase the Balrog some more)...

I finally bit on Ultimate General: Civil War, over at GoG, a day or two ago, so I want to give that a whirl if possible.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

That sucks Hof.

Field of Glory II as the Avars and hoping to start a TW Charlemagne campaign...also as the Avars.

...or maybe a TW Attila campaign as the White Huns.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 09, 2018, 08:40:19 AM
Usual suspects! -- umping the Grogpublic along (into the Pyrrhic War, fortunately without Pyrrhus since he died before his war could get going); Age of Wonders 3: Eternal Lords with Ysk; StratCom Classic vs Shelldrake; looking for what I'm supposed to do next in Shadow of War (I assume go chase the Balrog some more)...

I finally bit on Ultimate General: Civil War, over at GoG, a day or two ago, so I want to give that a whirl if possible.

Phantom doctrine and boardgames along with maybe some War Thunder.  I've given up Post Scriptum until I can get some test version of windows 10 to let my logotech headset work properly.  Meanwhile my massive and primitive headphones do perfectly well with anything that doesn't require a microphone.  Plus they are very comfortable (Audio-Technica -- handmade in Mongolia by itinerant village artisans posing as political prisoners -- the mysterious desert life makes them expert headphone makers).

Sir Slash

Trying to work out a schedule so I and my Son-in-Law can go see the new 'Overlord' movie tomorrow-- gotta love some Nazi Zombie killing. Also just reinstalled ACW 2 to take another shot at the Grand Campaign as the Confederates. Have a great Veterans Day weekend Grogs and thanks to all who served.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

KyzBP

Decided that since I have a 4 day weekend I'd visit games into which I put almost zero time.  The list includes:
Mordheim: City of The Damned
CMANO
Making History: The Great War.

I also plan on continuing my save on Football Manager 19.  This is probably the best edition since FM12.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on November 09, 2018, 11:15:03 AM
Decided that since I have a 4 day weekend I'd visit games into which I put almost zero time.  The list includes:

I also plan on continuing my save on Football Manager 19.  This is probably the best edition since FM12.

Yet again I bought the latest edition and I still find myself looking at the screen endlessly trying to figure the best setup (small/large database, detail level, etc.) before even starting a career:(

KyzBP

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 09, 2018, 11:19:05 AM
Quote from: KyzBP on November 09, 2018, 11:15:03 AM

Yet again I bought the latest edition and I still find myself looking at the screen endlessly trying to figure the best setup (small/large database, detail level, etc.) before even starting a career:(

It took me forever to get to the first league game.  There's a lot of new stuff in there but it seems a little smoother and more intuitive.

JasonPratt

Oooh, Mordheim is a game I want to get back to!  :bd:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

KyzBP

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 27, 2012, 12:03:23 AM
Oooh, Mordheim is a game I want to get back to!  :bd:

I thought it looked pretty cool when I bought it but it seemed overwhelming once I tried to play.  I watched some Let's Play's recently and now have a decent idea of what I'm doing.  The game had been sitting in my library for a couple years.