Online Group Wargame?

Started by bayonetbrant, November 25, 2013, 04:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 26, 2013, 10:23:33 AM
Quote from: GJK on November 26, 2013, 10:19:53 AMThe results should be decided militarily!

you want to pick a fight with the guy who controls the DNS server for the entire site  :o

;D

Careful - I have a high OPS valued card, some hot dice and a coup attempt ready to be rolled for!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

GJK

Here's a log of a TS game in progress using ACTS:

http://acts.warhorsesim.com/dynamic/journal.asp?id=54186

I've only used ACTS a couple of times but can brush up the process but from what I remember and from what I see in these logs (that anybody can view), the system tracks all of the card play so it would handle all of that bookkeeping.  The gamemaster would simply copy/paste the output from the ACTS log and then update the VASSAL board, take a screenshot and then post it to the running commentary for the game here.  The player teams would get in cahootz with one another in their private forums to discuss their card play for the round. 

Attached are a couple of play aids for TS.  These are really all that the players need to read.  The gamemaster would make any rule enforcement rulings (don't forsee any really).  Again, the rules are available on GMT's website for those that want to read them (it's like 5 pages of rules with a long example of play).  Very simple game.

As you can sense, I'm pretty amped to get this going  - I think that it would be a lot of trash talking fun!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bayonetbrant

Gary - if you want to run TS, I'll set up the forums this weekend and let you sort out the teams, take the pics, etc.

Let me know who's on which team and we'll get the right forum permissions set up.

I'll defer another game 'til after the holidays and we'll see about a January start for a different game and see what we come up with for something else.  I may pull up Orange Crush or Asian Thunder just to get a playtest game or two in before I launch a Kickstarter campaign for them.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 26, 2013, 11:40:51 AM
Gary - if you want to run TS, I'll set up the forums this weekend and let you sort out the teams, take the pics, etc.

Let me know who's on which team and we'll get the right forum permissions set up.

That sounds good.  I can start a new post that will be the main room (public) for the TS game and I'll ask for player volunteers there.

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 26, 2013, 11:40:51 AM
I'll defer another game 'til after the holidays and we'll see about a January start for a different game and see what we come up with for something else.  I may pull up Orange Crush or Asian Thunder just to get a playtest game or two in before I launch a Kickstarter campaign for them.

I'd be interested in joining either of those as a player!
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

BanzaiCat

I'm interested in joining anything I can...TS or otherwise.

For TS, it's been a few years since I've played it. I have no preferences.

bob48

^ Same.

Don't own any of the games but like the concept. Count me in please.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!