Grand Tactician, American Civil War

Started by Phantom, May 04, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: MetalDog on August 05, 2020, 10:18:53 PM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on August 05, 2020, 09:36:46 PM
Pretty good video here. Not sure why it isn't embedding.
You can even change the color of your troops trousers and jackets when you recruit them.

There you are, sir!

Thank you!
I tried the advice in the thread about how to imbed YT videos and nothing seemed to work. What am I doing incorrect?

al_infierno

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on August 06, 2020, 12:27:23 PM

Thank you!
I tried the advice in the thread about how to imbed YT videos and nothing seemed to work. What am I doing incorrect?

In your edited post, the only thing that was missing are the [youtube] tags.  I think the problem most people run into is not realizing you need to click "Share" and get the shortened link (instead of copying straight from the URL bar), but it looks like you did that.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: al_infierno on August 06, 2020, 12:30:43 PM
Quote from: AchillesLastStand on August 06, 2020, 12:27:23 PM

Thank you!

In your edited post, the only thing that was missing are the [youtube] tags.  I think the problem most people run into is not realizing you need to click "Share" and get the shortened link (instead of copying straight from the URL bar), but it looks like you did that.

Weird, all of the tags including YT are non responsive, maybe I need to switch to another browser.

W8taminute

Man this game is looking better and better the more coverage of it I see.  Can't wait.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

SirAndrewD

My loins are so moist you could float an Ironclad in them. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

MetalDog

That is a truly disturbing image that no brain bleach can erase.  Bravo, sir!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skoop

Played a fair amount of it as part of the testers team.  Love to give a ton of comments but they have a pretty strict NDA.  This game is made by a 3 man team who are very passionate about the project.  Think of it as made by grogs for grogs. 

There's some really cool concepts in the game as you can tell with the campaign and battle system.
This will release soon into early access and is in a good playable state, but there is still much work to be done as with all early access games. 

SirAndrewD

When it goes into EA they shall have my Enfield! And my Sharps! And my Spencer Repeater!  And my Colt Dragoon!  And my money.

(Yes, I actually own those weapons)

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

In the same theme, hoping this game's a 20 lb. Parrot and not just a 6 ib. Smoothbore.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

Slash you may be tickled to know that I live across the river from the site of the old Cold Spring Foundry, where the barrels for the Parrot guns were cast and tested. The hill I live on was the testing target and even now 150+ years later, old ordnance is still found. About 25 years ago there was a massive forest fire here set off by lightning which ignited some of it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

How interesting. I would take care gardening then. And maybe burning trash too.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd