Combat Mission Shock Force 2 coming to Matrix

Started by glen55, August 07, 2020, 10:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glen55

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/combat-mission-shock-force-2?utm_source=Matrix+Games+Master&utm_campaign=3078221878-panzer-corps-2-clive_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d2dfdfd653-3078221878-87503949&mc_cid=3078221878&mc_eid=d33a12ff8f

Can the other Combat Mission games be far behind? Maybe one day we will finally get to buy old CM games at a reasonable price in a Matrix sale?

The first CM was one of my most beloved games ever, but at some point I got tired of the Artificial Stupidity. I've been wanting to look at their newer generation of new games but every time I start to pull the trigger I see that if I want all the DLCs I have to shell $150 or so.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Con

Not asking this to start a firestorm but looking for an answer
I have all the original Shockforce 1 and all DLC
Never purchased shockforce 2 - just too much going on in RL
I understand that there was a discount applied for Shockforce 1 owners purchasing shockforce 2.
Is that discount over?
If I buy from Steam/Matrix does the discount still apply?

Just genuinely curious not sure if I am going to buy Shockforce 2 for the same reasons as above but if it is full price versus discounted price then that would factor into my eventual decision

Thanks
Con

Pete Dero

Quote from: Con on August 07, 2020, 11:53:09 AM
Not asking this to start a firestorm but looking for an answer
I have all the original Shockforce 1 and all DLC
Never purchased shockforce 2 - just too much going on in RL
I understand that there was a discount applied for Shockforce 1 owners purchasing shockforce 2.
Is that discount over?
If I buy from Steam/Matrix does the discount still apply?

Just genuinely curious not sure if I am going to buy Shockforce 2 for the same reasons as above but if it is full price versus discounted price then that would factor into my eventual decision

Thanks
Con

https://www.battlefront.com/cmsf1-upgrades/

So if you have SF1 + all DLC the upgrade is $35.

Requirements

The CMSF Big Bundle Upgrade works with an original Battlefront purchased CMSF1 Base Game and all 3 original Battlefront Modules (Marines, British Forces and NATO) license keys. The new installation does not use the old CMSF1 files, therefore you do not need to have a CMSF1 installation present on your hard drive.

Lotti Fuehrscheim

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 07, 2020, 12:29:29 PM

https://www.battlefront.com/cmsf1-upgrades/

So if you have SF1 + all DLC the upgrade is $35.

Requirements

The CMSF Big Bundle Upgrade works with an original Battlefront purchased CMSF1 Base Game and all 3 original Battlefront Modules (Marines, British Forces and NATO) license keys. The new installation does not use the old CMSF1 files, therefore you do not need to have a CMSF1 installation present on your hard drive.

I just checked, and for some reason I had to reset my password, although my forum account there still works, but, after waiting for the e-mail for a while, I could enter my account, and when I order the full pack it will bill me for $35 for the upgrade.

I still wonder if I will have to enter the old licence keys, or that the payment discount settles it all with a brand new key?

I would probably wait till they send the Steam key before installing. I have horror memories from installing and licensing the Battlefront products, which I had to do several times since 2002 when upgrading to a newer computer.

Still, Shock Force was amazing, and $35 for a polished re-experience is not very much. Or would the nostalgia not survive the real experience?

Con

Thanks for the answer just to clarify
1. previous owners can upgrade to Shockforce 2 (all in with DLC etc) for $35
2. You dont need shockforce 1 installed on your computer to purchase/do the upgrade
3. Once you have purchased the upgrade you could presumably wait until Matrix/Steam release the key(s) and install from Steam?

For $35 I just went ahead and ordered it - here is hoping that number 3 is an option above since I dont want to deal with patching etc when I install

Con

IICptMillerII

Just an FYI, CMSF2 will also be on Steam for the first time ever. I honestly though I would see pigs fly before I saw a CM title on Steam. I'm hoping this works out for the best, but I do have my concerns.

At the very least, I do hope that there are a few members here who either haven't gotten into CM before or haven't kept up with CM due to it not being on Steam who take this opportunity to get into it or back into it. Could be some fun to be had!

Fair warning though, I suspect the game will be sold at full price. If you want to pick them up at a discount your best bet is likely to wait for a Slitherine sale. We'll see though.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

You don't play it. More like it plays you.  ;D  It's not really that bad. Give the free Demo a try, they're still available aren't they, anyone?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

It would really be sweet if they are workshop for all the mods, assuming this works out and the other titles follow.

Are there demos for all the titles? I'm only seeing SF2 demo in the forums. I'd like to try out the FI and FB.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

smittyohio

Quote from: -budd- on August 08, 2020, 10:43:56 AM
It would really be sweet if they are workshop for all the mods, assuming this works out and the other titles follow.

Are there demos for all the titles? I'm only seeing SF2 demo in the forums. I'd like to try out the FI and FB.

Go to the "Base" game page for each one in the store, and you'll find a demo / screenshots / etc.   Kind of hidden in plain site.   Took me a bit to figure it out.

-budd-

Quote from: smittyohio on August 08, 2020, 03:23:11 PM
Quote from: -budd- on August 08, 2020, 10:43:56 AM

Go to the "Base" game page for each one in the store, and you'll find a demo / screenshots / etc.   Kind of hidden in plain site.   Took me a bit to figure it out.

Thank you sir,
you were right......right in plain site
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

What I am really looking forward to is the WWII CM titles to come to Steam.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

IICptMillerII

Just wanted to post this here. This is a link to a Twitch stream Matrix did today showing off Combat Mission. Steve himself does the commentary. He talks about what Combat Mission can do in general, and more specific what Combat Mission brings to the professional (read, defense contracting) world. He also narrates a small showcase battle, talks about some potential upcoming features (FASCAM artillery and the ability to watch the full replay in one go of an entire battle stood out to me) and even answers some stream questions at the end. To me it sounds like there is a lot to be excited about in Combat Mission's future.

Here is a link to the Twitch stream archive: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/707289746

Disclaimer: It wasn't entirely clear to me if the new features I mentioned are intended for only the professional version of the sim or if they will be available to the general public in the commercial version. Regardless, I still think it is exciting news.

JasonPratt

The original CMx1 games are all available on GoG, by the way. They're all $6 or less normally. They might still be available on Matrixlitherine and thence to Steam eventually, but aren't really necessary.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 12, 2020, 07:53:01 AM
The original CMx1 games are all available on GoG, by the way. They're all $6 or less normally. They might still be available on Matrixlitherine and thence to Steam eventually, but aren't really necessary.

I see them on sale fairly regularly.