Console Recommendations

Started by Bison, January 14, 2016, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 20, 2016, 06:41:24 AM
Why don't you just keep the PS3 and get a PS4? Then you can play all your old games as well as the new. These days TVs have a bunch of extra HDMI sockets and even if you are short a few you can get an HDMI hub.

I don't remember for sure at this point (this has dragged on for so friggin long) but I think "The Wife" would only agree to a new system if the current system left the homestead.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Exactly, but it'd actually have to leave the homestead after the fact.  Beside what else having you console players been discussing the past week other than my console purchasing processes?  :)

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 20, 2016, 09:26:00 AM
Exactly, but it'd actually have to leave the homestead after the fact.  Beside what else having you console players been discussing the past week other than my console purchasing processes?  :)

It is the hot button topic of 2016.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Why don't you just keep the PS3 and get a PS4? Then you can play all your old games as well as the new. These days TVs have a bunch of extra HDMI sockets and even if you are short a few you can get an HDMI hub.

The head of the house won't let him!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Quote from: OJsDad on January 20, 2016, 09:28:35 AM

The head of the house won't let him!

I have a pair of pants around here some where.  Most likely next to the PS3 console.

Bison

Woot!  Gamestop has both systems demo versions up and running!  I'm stopping in to play around and then either being responsible and getting some work done or buying a system and going home to game the night away...maybe.  :)

mirth

JasonPratt

Speaking as the guy who originally suggested just keeping the PS3 and maybe getting another system...

"But honey, first I have to make sure this system works, then I can sell the other one and its games."

Problem solved.  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

Quote from: JasonPratt on January 20, 2016, 11:18:57 AM
"But honey, i am the man of the house, quit moaning before i put you in the cellar"

Problem solved.  >:D

now tis solved

Bison

I might be forced into keeping it because NCAA football isn't made any more and I have copy for the PS3.  I'm mentally working the argument right now.

JasonPratt

^^ This would be my brother's argument for me keeping my PS3.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

Playing the demo boxes just made it worse.  I really like everything about the ps4 except the controller and it doesn't have forza racing games.  I really like everything about the Xbox except it doesn't have baseball, ratchet and clank, or the Xbox controller.  Freaking first world problems!

mirth

<smh> Stick with the PS3. You're not ready for a next gen console.

Bison

Haha!   You're sounding like my wife.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 20, 2016, 02:31:55 PM
Haha!   You're sounding like my wife.

Put on some damn pants!