Console Recommendations

Started by Bison, January 14, 2016, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimnirsson

QuoteThe wife and the daughters spent 45 minutes playing the Super Mario Maker and Mario Cart demo at BestBuy this evening.

Well, isn't that pretty much an answer to your question which console to buy?  ::)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

I'd be much more inclined if I could pick it up as a second console or if it were cheaper. 

Staggerwing

How much is it selling for? You could try grabbing a lightly used one on eBay using a sniping app. It may take a couple of days but after a few tries you could net a good deal.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Gamestop could be your friend on this, too...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

I must say that Disgaea 5 and Star Ocean 5 look good, but it's been awhile since I've played a good jrpg.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

What are you a racist who hates the Japanese and their wonderfully odd role playing games? 

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 25, 2016, 04:41:27 PM
What are you a racist who hates the Japanese and their wonderfully odd role playing games? 

Now that you've cracked that code, GO BUY A CONSOLE!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

I need a Black Friday sale, badly.

W8taminute

Quote from: Bison on January 25, 2016, 04:26:02 PM
I must say that Disgaea 5 and Star Ocean 5 look good, but it's been awhile since I've played a good jrpg.

Star Ocean 5 is definitely on my radar. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

Star Ocean 3: The Tentacling was the classic of the bunch.

Bison

Looking at consoles again today.  Perhaps I'll buy one this time.  Or maybe two.

OJsDad

Odds at Vegas are 50 - 1 that you will not purchase anything tonight.  30-1 that you'll not make a purchase this weekend. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

100-1 that you'll bother to put on pants at all this weekend.

OJsDad

You'd loose that bet as I'm gong to a couple of HS basketball games tomorrow, and my wife and daughter won't let me go with out pants.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.