Console Recommendations

Started by Bison, January 14, 2016, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

I say free Americans from the shackels of pants wearing!!! 

MetalDog

You are not required to wear pants in public.  However, if not otherwise properly attired, be prepared for law enforcement's response.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

I'm sure you all are fascinated with my on going console process. :)  I think this is the way it's going to shake out eventually.

Keep PS3 for right now and pick up a Wii U.  (The wife loves some Mario, so it'll be a good way to get her to play games with the kids and me.)
Replace the PS3 with an Xbox One.  I just like the Xbox controllers much more than the PS controllers and the backwards compatibility for the Xbox is a really nice feature.  Unless I decide to get a PS4 for some JRPG lovin'.  I think the Wii U is a done deal however.  I saw a bundle at Target that comes preinstalled with Splatoon (a fun as hell shooter game) and Super Smash Bros.  Then I just need to pick up a pro controller or two, Mario Cart (a $20 Nintendo e card for the 2 Mario Cart DLC and 1 or 2 of the Smash Bros. DLC) and either Mario World 3D or Super Mario Maker.  I'm really banking that Nintendo will keep the backwards compatibility for their new system the NX when ever it releases.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Bison

I got ketchup on them.  So for the sake of not walking around with stains on my pants, I opted to just take them off.  I probably should have worn some underwear, but that's a lot of prior coordination I cannot be bother to make.

mirth

Quote from: Bison on January 31, 2016, 04:13:53 PM
I got ketchup on them.  So for the sake of not walking around with stains on my pants, I opted to just take them off.  I probably should have worn some underwear, but that's a lot of prior coordination I cannot be bother to make.

Underwear...pfft. Speak not to me of underwear.

Grimnirsson

Quote from: Bison on January 31, 2016, 04:07:42 PM
I'm sure you all are fascinated with my on going console process. :)  I think this is the way it's going to shake out eventually.

Keep PS3 for right now and pick up a Wii U. (...)  Unless I decide to get a PS4 for some JRPG lovin'.

A choice eventually...and certainly not a bad one.

If you have a Wii U you also have the platform to play one of the best JRPGs...join us here:
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=15714.0

:)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Bison

Yeah Xenoblade does look pretty epic, but I was also looking at Monster Hunter 3. 

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

The problem is that Bison is going to be as old as the Grail dude by the time he does choose.

BanzaiCat

Imagine the plethora of choices of advanced systems by the time THAT rolls around...

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 01, 2016, 09:18:48 AM
Imagine the plethora of choices of advanced systems by the time THAT rolls around...

Yeah, but it will be a backward compatibility nightmare

Bison

Well I got screwed.  The wiiU bundle I was going to buy was sold a few hours before I got to the store today.  So I had to settle for the Mario Kart 8 bundle.

mirth