Origins 2014

Started by bayonetbrant, January 30, 2014, 09:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs Darwin

I can't wait.  Can't wait.  CAN'T WAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIT!  Are we there yet?
<Insert Expletive Here> Space Pirate

I'm a much nicer person when I keep my mouth shut.

bayonetbrant

Staff Wargaming team and the Central Command are in the area labeled as "Command Post" in the exhibit hall book.

Look for the giant blue canopy with the camp net behind it along the gold drapery

All of our events are in that area.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

<grinds teeth>

Remind me again why I'm working (a job I've come to hate intensely, btw) these next several days instead of being there? 

Oh, right.  Responsibilities.  Dammit... 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

if that your feeling, don't go read our Facebook page. All sorts of pictures from the show starting to show up there
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

So i should probably not comment here that I'm having a blast and what a great time it is to be hanging out with fellow grogs?  ;D
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bayonetbrant

First photo galleries are up!

GDS_Starfury

where's Smuck in his Leah slave bikini?
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Looks like a good time!  <wistful sigh> 
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

bayonetbrant

Read about today's events on the front page.
And photos going up all day on our Facebook page

bayonetbrant

Parking today was f'ed up...

Note the sign for $5 parking, and then the second sign directing you to turn for $5 parking.

Then note in the upper right what I was actually charged for parking.

Apparently the signs are additive...

Martok

Getting gipped on parking fees or not, I still wish I'd been there.  Definitely looked like it was fun. 

bayonetbrant

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 15, 2014, 10:44:03 PM
3-7 June 2015

Seriously!?  Again that is right at the end of school next year and there will be no way I can come.   >:(  They really need to push it later into June, you know just to accommodate me. :tickedoff:
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

you're not the only one pissed off about this

panzerde

Given the number of people with some sort of school affiliation that they might be wanting as speakers and the like, those dates don't seem ideal.  Of course, it might be nothing in the following weeks was available at the Convention Center, either.

I suppose we could all just go hang out at Brant's house the following week.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres