Main Menu

Armored Brigade

Started by BradS62, October 11, 2017, 03:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeck

"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

-budd-

Quote from: Moreb on November 18, 2018, 03:36:14 PM
While initially looking good I am having some reservations. I hope I can chalk some of this up to being unfamiliar with the system but right now it seems there could be some fundamental issues with pathfinding.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4555708&mpage=1&key=&#4555892

Try it without the quick order and not narrow spacing. In the screen shots i used column and march only, i didn't choose any path finding option. I tried wide spacing but there wasn't enough room on my map edge. That being said i usually buy platoons, as you can't break up companies into smaller attached maneuver elements. You get more bang for your point buck buying companies but i like the smaller elements flexibility. I'm not sure but i think i've noticed that if i buy another HQ, and units are in command range the command delay seems less for detached units, again not sure about this.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Moreb

Quote from: -budd- on November 18, 2018, 07:20:06 PM
Try it without the quick order and not narrow spacing. In the screen shots i used column and march only, i didn't choose any path finding option. I tried wide spacing but there wasn't enough room on my map edge. That being said i usually buy platoons, as you can't break up companies into smaller attached maneuver elements. You get more bang for your point buck buying companies but i like the smaller elements flexibility. I'm not sure but i think i've noticed that if i buy another HQ, and units are in command range the command delay seems less for detached units, again not sure about this.

Can you describe to me in detail exactly how you set about creating the orders to move as such in those screens? Arent column and march mutually exclusive?

I do hope it is me that is doing this wrong and not the system.
When dongles fly? - mirth

-budd-

Quote from: Moreb on November 18, 2018, 07:23:14 PM

Can you describe to me in detail exactly how you set about creating the orders to move as such in those screens? Arent column and march mutually exclusive?

All i did was put the formation in column and used march and picked one waypoint, i usually pick more way points especially if there are a bunch of road choices. I picked column in the formation window and then hit shift+F7 for march and placed my way point, you'll see the text road march at the bottom of the screen when you hit shift+F7. I think you can go into the formation window twice, meaning first hit column, and then hit march but i use shift+F7 after selecting column in the formation window.

Moreb

Quote from: -budd- on November 18, 2018, 07:43:16 PM

All i did was put the formation in column and used march and picked one waypoint, i usually pick more way points especially if there are a bunch of road choices. I picked column in the formation window and then hit shift+F7 for march and placed my way point, you'll see the text road march at the bottom of the screen when you hit shift+F7. I think you can go into the formation window twice, meaning first hit column, and then hit march but i use shift+F7 after selecting column in the formation window.

This. Thanks budd. Ever notice that you and I share the same interest in games we play?

Oprah, Barbara Walters, your wife. You gotta f**k one, marry one, kill one, go!

-budd-

Quote from: Moreb on November 18, 2018, 07:59:10 PM
Quote from: -budd- on November 18, 2018, 07:43:16 PM

This. Thanks budd. Ever notice that you and I share the same interest in games we play?

Oprah, Barbara Walters, your wife. You gotta f**k one, marry one, kill one, go!

Yea sir we do, that's why i always pay attention when you give feedback, especially on games i don't own........yet :)

I certainly haven't figured this game out control wise but it sure is fun messing with all the different equipment.

Moreb

QuoteI certainly haven't figured this game out control wise but it sure is fun messing with all the different equipment.

I have to admit that it checks a lot of boxes for me and hopefully it becomes successful enough for an eventual WWII release. Now if I can figure out some of the damn waypoint  movements....

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2018, 09:05:51 PM
Get a room!

Think of the activities. Theres so much more room for activities.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Quote from: Moreb on November 18, 2018, 09:23:05 PM
Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2018, 09:05:51 PM
Get a room!

Think of the activities. Theres so much more room for activities.

Always test the bed first,here's my method.

-budd-

Just got through with a pretty good battle. British vs Russians, i'm liking those challengers. Think i found my sweet spot for units, 3 mech platoons, 2 or 3 platoons of MBT depending on the number in each platoon, 2 sections of recon,  some air support and AA, sometimes i'll add arty.

My Rapier got a shot off before it went down, die Bi*ch ;D

Moreb, i attached the save game for this battle. Put it in your save folder and give it a go. I placed and plotted all the way points and set up the air support but you should be able to change anything you want, it's before i hit go. There are some delayed way points, there the red flags, you have to hold down CTRL key and click each red waypoint to make them active. I use delayed way points a lot during setup, you pay the command delay in advance so once you activate the way point away they go. It's kind of cool because you can activate them when ever you want, so i'll plot long paths but make a bunch of them delayed to activate at a later time. It's was a fun battle, got a major victory but it took almost an hour.

Change the extension to .sav when you put it into the save folder. I had to change it to .doc for the forum to take it.

Yskonyn

I have a 47 discount code ready, valid only for 28 more days. Should I burn it on this?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 19, 2018, 03:09:52 AM
I have a 47 discount code ready, valid only for 28 more days. Should I burn it on this?

good news with the discount code, pretty sure it is good for everything you put in the cart.  therefore you don't need to just burn it for this game alone, buy this and whatever else you like.  with the holiday sale likely coming soon at matrix, you can probably get some good stuff combined with that code.

i used my discount code on it myself, was just a shame my code would have ended before sale started or i would have bought more:(

JudgeDredd

I want to give this game a chance - but I'm not feeling the vibe at the moment

It's "my era" though. I love Cold War shit.
Alba gu' brath