Holiday Game Swag -What Did You Get?

Started by Ian C, December 22, 2018, 04:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Nothing yet.

Nothing really grabs me that I have not already got or the price is too steep for my wishlisted games that I know I will get and play once because they are single player.
I did consider getting the Desert map for DCS and did consider Thrones of Britiannia. But no.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

smittyohio

I'm only grabbed OOTP19 ($5) so far... Still in my boardgaming phase, and adding anything to my (way too big) unplayed video games list just seems like overkill.

Ian C

Jurassic World Evolution & DLC.

Labbug

Total War: Warhammer II and many of the DLC's.

Toonces

Nothing yet here, but reading this thread reminds me that there are some games out there I sort of want, specifically Thrones of Britannia and Warhammer I/II.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Mostly completed my GOG Library with games i already own:

- Distant Worlds Universe
- Stars in Shadow (with DLC)
- Polaris Sector Gold
- Stronghold Crusader 2

Only one new game: Everspace

rocketman

Quote from: berto on December 25, 2018, 09:52:15 PM
Commander: The Great War on Steam.  Nice game.  At only $10, I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.  With the PotzBlitz Mod as an essential add-on, I can foresee myself continuing to, you know, actually play CTGW.
I have had my eyes on that game for quite some time as I have no good WWI game. Do I need to know much about WWI to enjoy it? How complex is it? How about the AI? Will look for that mod you mentioned if I get the game. Thanks for the heads up.

So far: Ogre and Wars Across the World

bobarossa

Got my 10 yr Matrix anniversary coupon today.  Used it to snag Aggressors: Ancient Rome, Panzer Doctrine, and Land Doctrine for 41% off their $39 sale price.  Of course the $16 in savings was then thrown away on WitE and the Don to Danube expansion which I have as much chance of playing as the WitPacific and WitWest games I bought the previous two years!  Gary had better come out with something new for me to throw away my savings on next year.

acctingman

Panzer Doctrine looks interesting :dreamer:

berto

Quote from: rocketman on December 27, 2018, 02:45:33 PM
Quote from: berto on December 25, 2018, 09:52:15 PM
Commander: The Great War on Steam.  Nice game.  At only $10, I don't regret the purchase in the slightest.  With the PotzBlitz Mod as an essential add-on, I can foresee myself continuing to, you know, actually play CTGW.

I have had my eyes on that game for quite some time as I have no good WWI game. Do I need to know much about WWI to enjoy it? How complex is it? How about the AI? Will look for that mod you mentioned if I get the game. Thanks for the heads up.

No prior knowledge needed.  Tactically simple, strategically complex, but not overly so.  The AI is decent enough to challenge me.  With the PotzBlitz mod especially -- an essential add-on, IMO; don't play the game without it -- there is much variation and replayability.  The game can go down a different narrative path each time.  Recommended.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

JasonPratt

Quote from: acctingman on December 27, 2018, 03:16:23 PM
Panzer Doctrine looks interesting :dreamer:

I kind of liked the demo; and I'm glad the developer was able to be picked up by Matrix! I didn't check up on it again this year, but probably will next year.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

After messing around with Deity Empires a little, I've refunded: it has promise but as one of the reviewers said, it's a rough diamond in the rough! Basically a functional alpha being marketed and sold as a finished product. Clunky UI with a severe lack of explaining setup options doesn't help. Too many other games do it better right now, but it does have good potential.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I really wish there was DLC for Commander: The Great War :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd