Merry Christmas & a Happy 2021

Started by airboy, December 23, 2020, 11:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2021!

Unfortunately, we won't be attending Church services in person for the first time in 20+ years.  I had to drive 12 hours on Monday and 8 hours yesterday to visit my family and to do a work of Charity.  As a result, I'm exhausted.  You can't attend Mass where I am without being a member of the parish and having a reservation - and I'm too exhausted (and have a mild case of hives) to drive to Alabama today.  I think God would prefer that my wife and I help another human being in need instead of attending Church services in person - so that is the choice we made.

Christmas Eve they are calling for torrential rain, sleet and snow where I am.  So we will watch Midnight Mass online this year.

For whatever reason (probably because we could not see most of the family), we are missing our deceased parents more this year.

But this too will pass.

Merry Christmas!
Hopefully 2021 will bring an end to the plague.

Labbug

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Dammit Carl!

Gusington

Merry Christmas and Happy New New Year to all! Except for that weirdo in the back. No not that one...the other guy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That guy IS pretty weird-looking. Why does he just sit there and stare at me? No, wait. That's my mirror I was looking at. DIS-regard! Good for you AB, we need more good deeds and fewer shopping sprees at Christmas in my opinion. And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all, naughty and nice. You know who you are.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and Happy New Year to all.  Stay strong Grogs!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year all ye Grogs!  Safe travels to all (including me).  And may 2021 be a hellova lot betterx100 than 2020!   <:-)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Just finished having Christmas dinner and present opening with Bro, Ishy, their girls, and our parents! -- will probably visit them on Christmas Day as well (and beam back footage for the parents). Got a 12 pack of "Stubborn" root beer (never heard of it before, but high quality upon testing at dinner); some Epic Walguya beef sticks (still not as good as actual beef jerky, but better than some other beef sticks I've eaten, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to try since they're also pricey) (and I'm sure I spelled that style wrong); and a 365 day handbook for studying Aramaic, which I adore and will probably put to good use eventually even though I suck at other languages!  :D

God bless and help us to help each other in 2021!

Glory into the highest to God, and upon the Earth!
Peace into men, of His delight!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Beef sticks and root beer...the breakfast of kings.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Absolutely! I'd take that over Prime Rib.  :bd:  After 2 nights of grandkids, this is my, 'Silent Night'.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

Quote from: steve58 on December 23, 2020, 04:53:43 PM
Merry Christmas/Happy New Year all ye Grogs!  Safe travels to all (including me).  And may 2021 be a hellova lot betterx100 than 2020!   <:-)
A hard sentiment to beat! :bd:

Merry Christmas, or Hannukah, and a very happy New Year to you all. :hug:
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Anguille

Merry X-mas everyone and happy New year 2021!

airboy

White Christmas in the NC Mountains.  First time for us in many years.

Gusington

Raining and about 60 degrees here :( Washing away all the snow we got last week. 15 degrees and icy tomorrow night at this time.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Thirties here in the morning so, I guess I'm going to have to put pants back on...again.