Phil Spector dies at 81

Started by Pete Dero, January 17, 2021, 12:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

https://www.thedailybeast.com/phil-spector-convicted-murderer-and-prolific-music-producer-dead-at-81?ref=home?ref=home

Legendary music producer-turned-murderer Phil Spector has died of COVID-19 complications at the age of 81, according to the California Department of Corrections.

All produced by Phil Spector :

Gusington

So much great music. River Deep, Mountain High is one of my favorites. RIP.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Great music.  Serious nutcase.

Did he die in prison?

Pete Dero

Quote from: airboy on January 17, 2021, 03:32:38 PM
Did he die in prison?

"California Health Care Facility inmate Phillip Spector was pronounced deceased of natural causes at 6:35 p.m. on Saturday, January 16, 2021, at an outside hospital. His official cause of death will be determined by the medical examiner in the San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office,"

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2021, 03:29:56 PM
River Deep, Mountain High.

He always thought this was his best song ever.  But while it became a hit in the UK it flopped in the US (peaked at 88 in the billboard 100 !)
After that disappointment he became a recluse and his self destruction began.

Gusington

This thread has taken a turn  :-[

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

He may have been quite a talent but he was not a very nice person. He made life hell for Ronnie Spector and many other people. Supposedly, he pulled a gun on members of the Ramones when they disagreed with his convoluted production techniques.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on January 17, 2021, 04:33:10 PM
This thread has taken a turn  :-[

I'm a huge fan of his music. You should read my post as 'how much more music would he have produced if this had not happened'.  :'(

Senex

I liked what he did for acts on this side of the Atlantic.
On the other hand, he's responsible for the only unlistenable Beatle album.

GDS_Starfury

sorry I can't even find my violin.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.