il2 - TANK CREW - Infantry are coming to this tank simulator in the il2 engine

Started by Destraex, July 08, 2020, 09:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

A Lancaster would be amazing. Not as sexy as the B17, but man those beasts have loads of character. I love the boxcar as well. It's probably the best looking of all three. That great scene in Angelina Jolie's movie "unbroken" is the only reason I watched it. Amazing stuff.

I hope any "Americans" here know I was just playing around with the USA is not all of America thing. We Aussies love to poke our mates to get a rise. It's a sign of affection.

Here is a Tiger 1. We found in our travels that we can use Binoculars, pistols and flare guns from the commander hatch. Even different coloured flares.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

Question. If you have a Tiger, why would you even need a pistol? Plinking beer cans maybe?  :P
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Father Ted

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 15, 2020, 10:03:50 AM
Question. If you have a Tiger, why would you even need a pistol? Plinking beer cans maybe?  :P

Well, the boring answer is that it's a legacy from the flying parts of the game (as are the coloured flares).  The pistols were introduced in RoF as fluff you could buy and seem to have crept through into the newer iterations of the game.

Destraex

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 15, 2020, 10:03:50 AM
This pistol is in case you want to pretend to be Tom Hanks in Private Ryan.

Here are some pics of a multiplayer server I joined last night. I drove around on my own. Only two other players on at 1am. Good Aussie ping though. No wonder nobody was around on a work night. I know their was an event last weekend that drew a fair few tankers.

Destraex

It is certainly a photogenic game. It's great to have a modern game engine with tanks.

Sir Slash

Destructible environment? I saw the played hiding behind a house. Can the house then be shot through by the enemy or are the buildings, etc. indestructible?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Terrain is certainly destructible. I just did a quick test and I can run over trees, set buildings on fire and run into buildings (which almost got me killed and damage the suspension on the tank.
I will see if I can do a test for Tank to tank pens through a building.

Sir Slash

solops

Ya'll are talking about the tank driving toy that comes as part of Il-2 Sturmovik Stalingrad, right? Or is this something else?
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

RyanE

Quote from: solops on July 17, 2020, 07:02:41 PM
Ya'll are talking about the tank driving toy that comes as part of Il-2 Sturmovik Stalingrad, right? Or is this something else?

I still come by every now and then just to see if I missed some odd piece news.  Then I see a post like this and remember why I stopped.  This site becomes less constructive as time goes on.  Its like its stuck in a bizarre time machine in 1999.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: RyanE on July 17, 2020, 08:21:23 PM

I still come by every now and then just to see if I missed some odd piece news.  Then I see a post like this and remember why I stopped.  This site becomes less constructive as time goes on.  Its like its stuck in a bizarre time machine in 1999.
Hey! I like the Il-2 tank sim. Making figure eights in the snow at high speed is fun! And don't even get me started on making snow angels in a T-34.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Destraex

You an il2 pilot solops?
I thought il2 BOS was a toy plane simulator compared to DCS. :P
That tank crew "toy" simulates tank shell fume extractors fairly well. It's the best ww2 tank simulator money can buy imho.

solops

Weekend warrior pilot only. I crash on my own as often as I get shot down. I play a lot of pc war games, but I am a board game warrior at heart. I still play SPI's War in the West in my study. Hoping to get my son into Lebensraum on the card table before he goes back to school. I like the whole flying thing, though. I played a lot of Knights of the Sky. But, I am nothing more than a dilettante pilot.