Today's Review: 20th Anniversary ed of Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father

Started by bayonetbrant, October 04, 2017, 11:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

chemkid

thanks for the review! i also bought this game 3 times... funny, these classics just deserve to be bought multiple times, right?!
(the macintosh version on 11? floppy disks for my lc475, the dos version on cd-rom with that great voice acting the mac version was missing and finally a few years back the gog version of the dos original... again! ;) )

cheers!
chem!

JasonPratt

I've never played this first game; and the third game is based on a hoax so insulting that I refuse on principle to play it. But I liked the second game enough The Beast Within to have beat it at least twice, maybe three times. Don't know where it even is now...  :'(

(I mean other than on GoG. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 05, 2017, 12:39:00 PM
I've never played this first game; and the third game is based on a hoax so insulting that I refuse on principle to play it. But I liked the second game enough The Beast Within to have beat it at least twice, maybe three times. Don't know where it even is now...  :'(

(I mean other than on GoG. ;) )

You should play the first one.  Most think it is the best of the series.