Main Menu

NFL QB's on Facebook

Started by Arctic Blast, March 25, 2013, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steelgrave

In related news, I got a chuckle out of today's ProFootballTalk when they listed this weeks current Power Rankings. Here is the bottom of the list with their commentary:

28. Tennessee Titans (No. 28; 2-6):  Somewhere, Mike Munchak is cackling.

29. Jacksonville Jaguars (No. 30; 1-7):  Somewhere, Mike Mularkey is cackling.

30. New York Jets (No. 26; 1-7):  Somewhere, Rich Kotite is cackling.

31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (No. 31; 1-6):  Somewhere, Greg Schiano is cackling.

32. Oakland Raiders (No. 32; 0-7):  Somewhere, Dennis Allen, Hue Jackson, Tom Cable, Lane Kiffin, Art Shell, Norv Turner, and Bill Callahan are cackling.

bayonetbrant

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebook-halloweird/

QuoteBEN ROETHLISBERGER     FIVE TOUCHDOWNS IS VERY GOOD, TOM BRADY. IN FACT, THAT IS ONLY 2 LESS THAN THE SIX I THREW YESTERDAY.

QuoteBEN ROETHLISBERGER   I FOOTBALLED GOOD.

TONY ROMO   That's unbelievable Ben. How'd you manage that?

BEN ROETHLISBERGER   SIMPLE. COACH TODD HALEY TOLD ME TO EXPLOIT THE UNDERNEATH ZONES IN THE COLTS BASE 3-4 SCHEME, THEN UTILIZE A MIXTURE OF SHORT SLANT PATTERNS AND PLAY ACTION BOMBS TO KEEP THEIR SAFETIES OFF-BALANCE.

BEN ROETHLISBERGER       BUT I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT ANY OF THAT MEANT SO HE JUST TOLD ME TO AIM FOR THE BUMBLEBEES INSTEAD.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

"Aim for the Bumblebees" LMAO!!!   ;D

Bison

If I was the Steelers ownership, I'd make them wear those uniforms every week until they lose.

Martok

Ha!  This newest episode pretty much confirms Russell Wilson as being one of my favorites on there. 

AARON RODGERS THIS IS AWFUL. IT'S TERRIBLE! WE HAD A BEAUTIFUL WINNING STREAK THAT WAS SNAPPPED BY A FRUSTRATING LOSS!

RUSSELL WILSON Just like us. Only in reverse.

RUSSELL WILSON Ahh. It's like getting back on a bike
;D

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

only 2 more F1 races this season.  :'(
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bayonetbrant

They're channeling their inner Starry

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebook-flowers-ben/

QuoteTEDDY BRIDGEWATER   HOW DARE YOU OF ALL PEOPLE CORRECT MY GRAMMER! THEIRS NOT A QB ALIVE WITH LESS WORKING BRAIN CELLS THEN YOU!

Honestly, it's a solid filler track.  It's "Think About You" from side 2 of Appetite for Destruction: you don't skip it when the CD is playing, but you don't go out of your way to put that track on a mix tape (or a playlist for you under-40s out there).
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

Heh; loved the title this week.  Watching Ben and Teddy go back & forth was pretty funny. 

This running joke got old by the time Mark Sanchez entered the conversation, but I respect the writers' commitment to it: 

BEN ROETHLISBERGER Precisely. Brandon Weeden is the superfluous nipple of the Dallas Cowboys offense.

JASON GARRETT Well, get used to it. Because Weeden may have to start again for us next week.

DEZ BRYANT (Trembles fearfully)

JERRY JONES (Makes whimpering noises)

COWBOYS FANS (Vacate bowels)

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

MetalDog

Even taken completely out of context, the last line is the best line:

BEN ROETHLISBERGER  I FORGOT HOW TO SMART
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

thats pretty much our governments motto at this point.  :-\
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

No, Ben has more self-awareness than that. 

Martok

"THAT'S ADORABLE"

Aside from the bit about Tom Brady having sex with the first Queen Elizabeth (no, it doesn't really make sense even in context), this felt like one of their better efforts.  I enjoyed the running gag of Big Ben constantly mismatching major cities and their nicknames. 

BEN ROETHLISBERGER THEY SAY YOU WILL NEVER FIND A MORE WRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY THAN OAKLAND.

RGIII You're thinking of Mos Eisley Spaceport, Ben.

COLIN KAEPERNICK Actually no, it applies to Oakland as well.

And of course, this part couldn't fail to crack me up: 

WILLIAM SHATNER Man, what a ham that guy is.
;D

bayonetbrant

not bad, but I did't LOL at this like I have at a lot of others

bayonetbrant

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebookablast/

QuoteJAY CUTLER     Well I have to say, after a week of being criticized and mocked by every dickhole in the sporting universe, getting my team back on the winning track feels so, so... ah, fuck it, I don't really give a shit either way

QuoteDREW STANTON     Detroit WISHES it had a top notch QB like me.
DETROIT LIONS     We did have you. Back in 2008. We were 0-16 and you contributed to many of our losses.

once the inevitable Aaron Rodgers jokes start, there's too much to post here.  But it's almost like these guys are channeling Star and Mirth as Rodgers and Brady

Martok

I enjoyed this one, if for no other reason than that it allowed Sam Bradford and gay jokes involving Aaron Rodgers to feature prominently: 

PEYTON MANNING Oh, there's no point in getting mad. Since this was OBVIOUSLY "ASSBLAST WEEK."

JOE FLACCO Um... come again?

SAM BRADFORD Oh, I simply couldn't. Seven times in one hour is my limit.
SHAUN HILL FACE IT MANNING, YOU GOT RAM-SHACKLED YESTERDAY BY A MIGHTY RAMS TEAM THAT FINALLY HAD THEIR MOST TALENTED QB HEALTHY AND LEADING THEM TO VICTORY.

RYAN TANNEHILL "Most talented QB?" I thought that was Sam Bradford

SHAUN HILL COME AGAIN?

SAM BRADFORD Okay, if you insist. NNNGGHHHHHHHH.

:2funny: