Old School Tactical up on Kickstarter

Started by Barthheart, February 13, 2015, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Flying Pig Games' (run by Mark Walker) new squad level game system is up on KS. First 100 can get it fer $55.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1408460255/old-school-tactical/description

Go get some!

O0

EDIT - only 33 cheap ones left!

bayonetbrant

yeah, 3 hours after I posted GARPA...  grrrrrrrr   >:(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

...and the 100 at $55 are all gone.  :(

It was an insta-buy for me at that price, but given I've pretty much exceeded by gaming budget for the month, the $70 level has me stopped  - at least for the moment.

Looks damn good though.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Quote from: Barthheart on February 13, 2015, 02:00:16 PM

Go get some!

Some all got.  :(

If they whip up a nice official VASSAL mod w/ lotsa eye candy I might consider the $70 tier. What's the regular release price supposed to be?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: Staggerwing on February 13, 2015, 08:35:43 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on February 13, 2015, 02:00:16 PM

Go get some!

Some all got.  :(

If they whip up a nice official VASSAL mod w/ lotsa eye candy I might consider the $70 tier. What's the regular release price supposed to be?

First price posted at FPG was $90... don't know if that's still the "regular" price or not.

RE: VASSAL module...  I can promise there will be one with lots of eye candy.... I'm doing it.  ^-^

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Jamm

Large 30 x 41 inch maps to play on.
2 to start and a 3rd based on Stalingrad, if stretch goal is reached.

I can hardly wait to try out the Vassal Barthheart. O0
When the going gets weird
the weird turn pro

bob48

Whilst it does indeed look very nice, I have to wonder how much of an influence the LnL system games has on it, and do I really need another tactical game system. :-\
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bob48 on February 14, 2015, 09:16:07 AMhow much of an influence the LnL system games has on it

Shayne designed it before connecting w/ Mark, so it's origins exist outside of the LnL family.  What's been added since then I can't say.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

I've read the rules and the only thing it shares with LnL series is the fact it's a squad level game. They all have squads, crewed gun and vehicles... well except Combat Commander  :P
This one has a very different turn sequence from all the rest.... although probably closest to Conflict of Heroes as the turn can go on until impulses get used up.

Love the 1" hexes. Big enough to use micro armour on.  O0

bob48

Meh!

Love the idea of micro armour. A pal and I actually have done that with CoH.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Arctic Blast

Man...this looks good, but the current awful exchange rate is making me extremely choosy with Kickstarter projects these days.

Barthheart

It's made the funding goal > $16K. O0

25 days to go to get to the Stalingrad stretch at $20K.  :D

Barthheart

Woohoo! $20K+! Stalingrad map and units are in.

Next stretch at $25K is a 3 day campaign set of scenarios.  O0

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Barthheart on February 20, 2015, 08:11:08 AMNext stretch at $25K is a 3 day campaign set of scenarios.  O0

A campaign that takes 3 days to play!?  You'd only ever get to it at a game convention!