DVG's Tiger Leader

Started by BanzaiCat, June 06, 2015, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

...just arrived today! :D

Unboxing article coming soon, as is a full review...and probably an AAR starring good German GrogHead forum members!  O0

bbmike

Lucky you! Now where's my DVG WWII Naval Battles?  :knuppel2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

PanzersEast

My Panzers are already rolling East    ;D

BTW, Card #23 (StuG III) is missing... confirmed on BGG.

PE

BanzaiCat

^ Yep, just dug through the cards...there's a 019, 022, 030, and on. I didn't realize there's a missing card. Any word from DVG on that?

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on June 06, 2015, 08:45:38 PM

BTW, Card #23 (StuG III) is missing... confirmed on BGG.

:(

All Made In China! 

Staggerwing

Still, I'm kicking myself for not pre-ordering.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Cyrano

CoolStuffInc. had copies on the shelf at Origins for $65 -- $60 if  you used their $5 coupon.  Those who paid shipping to Canada (Barth) were not amused. Bizarre policy in my mind...

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

GJK

NWSOnline is throwing in counter trays and a pair of D10's if you order it through them.  Dunno what he's listing it for though.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Staggerwing

^I just checked- $59 incl. shipping to my zip!  :o

Needless to say I ordered right then and there. 8)

Thanks Gary!  O0

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

BanzaiCat

Counter trays would have been nice! Though I can probably get something at Wally World or Target if need be.

Staggerwing

Here's the Lazy link to NWS' Tiger Leader page for those who have not yet purchased.

Note that the box will be opened so they can put the counter tray and dice in for shipping.

GJK

Great!  I'll be anxiously awaiting your full review so that I can determine if I should pick up a copy myself or just stick with Patton's Best using the Guderian's Best mod.  ;)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

PanzersEast

I finished a 3 Week Campaign of Poland ... (well really late last night).  I scored a adequate victory, however I lost 2 Commanders, (one Rile Squad was mowed down), and 2 Pz I where destroyed.  I was able to make an early push, however was only able to knock 2 Battalions to 1/2 strength and then had to come back to eliminate them.  1 Scout Battalion started in my Staging and and another in my Transit area costing me SO points.

If you have played any of the previous Leader series you will have no problem jumping in.  I do have issues with say a Rifle Squad attacking a Tank etc.... so far I enjoyed it.

PE

BanzaiCat

I did get Thunderbolt/Apache Leader way back in the day, and now own both Phantom Leader and Hornet Leader. I've not owned or played one of DVG's 'ground' Leader series yet. I won't likely have time to lay it all out and play until a week or so from now. I'm VERY curious to see how this plays out and very excited to give it a shot.

PanzersEast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 08, 2015, 11:10:55 AM
I did get Thunderbolt/Apache Leader way back in the day, and now own both Phantom Leader and Hornet Leader. I've not owned or played one of DVG's 'ground' Leader series yet. I won't likely have time to lay it all out and play until a week or so from now. I'm VERY curious to see how this plays out and very excited to give it a shot.

I have all of the Leader Series, however with this I want to play some more to see.  There are certain aspects of the game I feel house rules have to be in effect.  For example the Enemy Tactical Movement roll, while a base-line for orders you will have to intervene sometimes.  A MG Team attacking a Tank is pretty silly and I have modified that.  Because you move "Toward the Enemy" you can roll 2 dice, did not do this and if move into same Hex "Close Combat", you can roll two dice to attack.... again, not sure I like that at all.   The way certain units are handled needs to be refined..... maybe immobilizing an enemy tank until you get some punch, but not destroying it.

PE