It's soothing, I tell you...soothing...

Started by Cyrano, June 29, 2016, 01:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

My conversion to heresy is complete.

I spent over an hour last night quietly corner-cutting my Designer's Edition NLB (yep, got one :D) and sorting the corps into baggies.

It's shockingly soothing.  My beloved is convinced I'm associating it with the joy I once had painting toy soldiers.

In any event, I would that were hope doing it now.

Oh, Oregon Lamination, I may soon be able to deduct your products as a medical expense.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Muahahahaaa! (evil laugh) 

The whole world will soon be corner-clipped!  Look upon our works, ye mighty, and despair!

I tend to run historical docs/courses in the background, listening to the audio while steadily clipping away with my OregLam clipper.

mirth

I just placed an order for the 2.5mm OregLam clipper. It will be a busy weekend of counter clipping  :D
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on June 29, 2016, 02:06:10 PM
I just placed an order for the 2.5mm OregLam clipper. It will be a busy weekend of counter clipping  :D

[yt]https://youtu.be/-e3lauT1-K0[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Barthheart

You are all degenerates! I...... I can't even speak of the evils you are perpetrating on your poor defenceless counters.

The great designers of the world have spent countless hours designing SQUARE counters for their games for you to enjoy and then you all go and deface they wonderful labours.

What is this world coming to when war gamers, the most staid and rational of all gamers, are busy mutilating wonderful square counters for their own perverted pleasures?!?

For shame and damnation upon you all!

:tickedoff:

Pinetree

It's the curves, I tell you, the curves!
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Barthheart

panzerde

Vance mixes game components and puts them in boxes they don't belong in. Just sayin'.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

Quote from: panzerde on June 29, 2016, 09:31:31 PM
Vance mixes game components and puts them in boxes they don't belong in. Just sayin'.

That's just sick!

GJK

Quote from: Cyrano on June 29, 2016, 01:18:56 PM
My conversion to heresy is complete.

I spent over an hour last night quietly corner-cutting my Designer's Edition NLB (yep, got one :D ) and sorting the corps into baggies.

It's shockingly soothing.  My beloved is convinced I'm associating it with the joy I once had painting toy soldiers.

In any event, I would that were hope doing it now.

Oh, Oregon Lamination, I may soon be able to deduct your products as a medical expense.

Did you remember to spray a matte finish (Krylon Matte #1311 is my personal choice) on the countersheet before you punched them?  ;)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on June 29, 2016, 09:31:31 PM

Yeah... well.... Jim puts stickers the cards in his games!  :o

mirth

panzerde

Quote from: mirth on June 30, 2016, 09:36:08 AM
You people are barbaric.

They confessed this stuff while we were in a restaurant. The waitress refused to serve us anymore and the bartender came over and told us they didn't want our kind around there. I think we might have gotten away with nothing more than dirty looks if it had just been the component mixing, but when Jim admitted that he put stickers directly on cards, as well as mixed components...well, that was just too much for conservative Midwesterners to take.

I shudder to think what might have happened if they'd figured out that Vance was, you know...a Canadian.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Pinetree

Quote from: panzerde on June 30, 2016, 09:44:46 PM
Quote from: mirth on June 30, 2016, 09:36:08 AM
You people are barbaric.

They confessed this stuff while we were in a restaurant. The waitress refused to serve us anymore and the bartender came over and told us they didn't want our kind around there. I think we might have gotten away with nothing more than dirty looks if it had just been the component mixing, but when Jim admitted that he put stickers directly on cards, as well as mixed components...well, that was just too much for conservative Midwesterners to take.

I shudder to think what might have happened if they'd figured out that Vance was, you know...a Canadian.

As long as he drinks his tea with his pinky out, he should be ok.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."