Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2016, 06:55:06 AM
Quote from: mirth on December 23, 2016, 06:36:21 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2016, 06:20:28 AM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 23, 2016, 06:05:26 AM
We talked about Rebellion a bunch on the GrogCast

http://grogheads.com/?podcast=grogcast-season-4-episode-iiiiii
HOLY ****....where did that link take me?  :hide:
You're lucky to have made it back.
Well I immediately closed my browser and ran antimalware and antivirus scans - nothing found - PHEW!  :DD

And apparently took the Blue Pill.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

if I knew who that was, I might be offended.

But I'm not a pussy, so you gotta try harder! :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JudgeDredd

lol - the "girl" from Time Commanders.

https://twitter.com/nusbacher?lang=en

Used to be a bloke - Sandhurst trained historian.

To be fair, "her" voice hasn't changed - so I'm not suggesting you sound like a girl - just that you sound the same
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

A couple of questions for Lynette - sorry - bayonetbrant  :2funny:

• How old is your son?
  • What did you think of it?
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2016, 08:54:08 AM
A couple of questions for Lynette - sorry - bayonetbrant  :2funny:

• How old is your son?
  • What did you think of it?

My son is 13
We haven't played Rebellion yet

Dr Sterrett's son is 10 or 11 or so (a little younger than mine) and enjoyed the game quite a bit
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2016, 08:44:44 AM
lol - the "girl" from Time Commanders.

https://twitter.com/nusbacher?lang=en

Used to be a bloke - Sandhurst trained historian.

To be fair, "her" voice hasn't changed - so I'm not suggesting you sound like a girl - just that you sound the same

I think Brant will settle for sounding like a Sandhurst trained historian :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

It wasn't him then - it must have been Mr Sterrett because the guy that was talking said him and his son played Rebellion and had 3 sessions over a long weekend which made them both *think* about how they played.
Alba gu' brath

bayonetbrant

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 23, 2016, 09:31:20 AM
It wasn't him then - it must have been Mr Sterrett because the guy that was talking said him and his son played Rebellion and had 3 sessions over a long weekend which made them both *think* about how they played.

That was Dr Sterrett playing with his kid.  I'm the other, other sarcastic one :)

Ubercat

I sure wish that I gave a big flying F about the Star Wars universe, as it sounds like I'd love this game. Is it anything like the old AH board game Freedom in the Galaxy?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Nefaro

Quote from: Ubercat on December 23, 2016, 10:45:25 AM
I sure wish that I gave a big flying F about the Star Wars universe, as it sounds like I'd love this game. Is it anything like the old AH board game Freedom in the Galaxy?

It's inspired by the old PC game Star Wars: Rebellion, from what I understand. 

Was named something different overseas.

W8taminute

JD you're going to love this game and yes it's got about 150+ pieces in it to play with. 

I saw Rogue One with my daughter as well and we both liked it.  As a jaded old Star Wars nerd I thought for sure I'd be disappointed.  I've read the Han Solo Trilogy which does touch on the mission to steal the death star plans and was fully expecting to be enraged by Rogue One's perceived deviation from canon.  I was pleasantly surprised that the movie, while yes straying a bit from traditional lore, kept the gist of the story enough to please me.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: W8taminute on December 23, 2016, 11:05:21 AM
JD you're going to love this game and yes it's got about 150+ pieces in it to play with. 

I saw Rogue One with my daughter as well and we both liked it.  As a jaded old Star Wars nerd I thought for sure I'd be disappointed.  I've read the Han Solo Trilogy which does touch on the mission to steal the death star plans and was fully expecting to be enraged by Rogue One's perceived deviation from canon.  I was pleasantly surprised that the movie, while yes straying a bit from traditional lore, kept the gist of the story enough to please me.

Not to detract from the main point of the thread, but I have never read the stories....can you summarize how they described the mission to steal the plans?

W8taminute

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 24, 2016, 05:39:35 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on December 23, 2016, 11:05:21 AM

Not to detract from the main point of the thread, but I have never read the stories....can you summarize how they described the mission to steal the plans?

I'm assuming you are referring to the Han Solo Trilogy.  Basically Han falls in love with a slave girl and sets her free.  He finds this girl on a planet that produces spice and is owned by a drug cartel.  When he sets her free she tells him she doesn't love him and must leave never to see him again.  He's totally dumbfounded and hurt.  The girl is actually a rebel agent posing as a slave to get inside information through being part of the drug trade.  She's forced to go along with Han's knight in shining armor rescuing the slave girl so her cover doesn't blow.  Once she leaves Han, and I don't remember this part clearly, she somehow begins the mission with the information she got through being a slave/spy. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk