Normandy, The Beginning of the End

Started by jmkinki, November 16, 2017, 02:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

Quote from: Barthheart on January 16, 2018, 02:36:13 PM
No British or Canadians.....  :(

If there had been, I would have brought it. I have 2 other games in the series and really like the system.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

jmkinki

We have reserved them for a future expansion pack...  O0

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 16, 2018, 02:40:24 PM

were they there?!?!

:hug:

The Canadians went all around France apologizing for invading :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

Bob, convince me to get this.... I'm really hesitant because there's no Commonwealth, but the KS price is really tempting.

The only other pltoon level games I have are LnLP's White Star Rising and ancient PanzerBlitz.

jmkinki

Greetings friends,

We are so grateful! Normandy, the Beginning of the End and Alone in the Storm have been funded in only 4 hours. It´s such an achievement for a "grognard" game! But the journey has just begun. Stay tuned as we disclose the Stretch Goals we´ve been working on, most of them exclusive for backers. We also need your help to unlock all those Social Stretch Goals that are waiting for you!

Spread out the word, soldier!

bob48

Quote from: Barthheart on January 17, 2018, 08:33:56 AM
Bob, convince me to get this.... I'm really hesitant because there's no Commonwealth, but the KS price is really tempting.

The only other pltoon level games I have are LnLP's White Star Rising and ancient PanzerBlitz.

To be honest, the one out of the series (so far) that I like the most is 'A las Barricades' which, obviously, is early Spanish Civil war. I really like the varied factions and, in some cases, improvised armour. Its very much an infantry game and I think the system is very well suited to that.

'Clip those corners'

Barthheart

Quote from: bob48 on January 18, 2018, 07:55:25 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 17, 2018, 08:33:56 AM

To be honest, the one out of the series (so far) that I like the most is 'A las Barricades' which, obviously, is early Spanish Civil war. I really like the varied factions and, in some cases, improvised armour. Its very much an infantry game and I think the system is very well suited to that.

Thanks Bob.  O0

Crossroads

I've been on a fence with this one but it sure looks interesting. It's gorgeous, it's platoon scale, and it's in Normandy. So why not.  :dreamer:

What should I pledge to get the base game plus the XL map boards, is that possible there? TIA
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

jmkinki

Quote from: Crossroads on January 19, 2018, 02:17:51 PM
I've been on a fence with this one but it sure looks interesting. It's gorgeous, it's platoon scale, and it's in Normandy. So why not.  :dreamer:

What should I pledge to get the base game plus the XL map boards, is that possible there? TIA

Great news.

You have to pledge at game level ($46) but you have to change your contribution to $66. In such way you'll get the base game and the maps addon.

Thanks for your support!

Crossroads

Quote from: jmkinki on January 21, 2018, 02:41:19 PM
Quote from: Crossroads on January 19, 2018, 02:17:51 PM

Great news.

You have to pledge at game level ($46) but you have to change your contribution to $66. In such way you'll get the base game and the maps addon.

Thanks for your support!

I'm in! Looks great, can't wait to start playing it   :cowboy:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

jmkinki

Greetings,

We have a lot of news!

Since our last message we have unlocked a lot of SG!! (9 ones!!) We have added new counters as trucks or landing crafts, 2 new maps, 2 new scenarios and 6 new companies per side!!

On the other side, recently The Players Aid has published an interview with by the winner of several CSR Awards,our artist and designer Niko Eskubi. Here you may read this interesting article: https://theplayersaid.com/2018/01/29/interview-with-nicolas-eskubi-co-designer-of-normandy-the-beginning-of-the-end-from-draco-ideas-now-on-kickstarter/

Finally, we have included as addon a new dice tower designed by Niko. A gift you may get for only $6.

Thanks for your support!

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus