UP FRONT REPRINT - NO I'M NOT KIDDING!

Started by bayonetbrant, November 20, 2012, 06:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I rode the fence on this and never ended up getting on on it.  I am sure I will regret that decision.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GJK

Quote from: Barthheart on January 02, 2013, 04:37:41 PM
I'm in fer the base set plus two others... Gonna choose Brits and Soviets. Plus all the other goodies..!

Yeah - it was "all the other goodies" that sold me.  My $100 investment will (hopefully) yield about $450 in game (or so I was reading on the Geek).  That was before the Tote-bag made the goodies list so maybe a little bit more even. 
My son and I set up an Up Front game over the weekend since we hadn't played in a few months.  Such a fun game that takes maybe an hour to play.  Can't wait to get this new version but I'm thinking it'll be later than the estimated June '13 release date.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

Ah crap, I wish I had paid attention to this thread sooner.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rekim

I decided to stay pat with my version 2 copy. I use a custom action deck which I enjoy very much, so wasn't worth the extra $$$ to upgrade for me.

Cyrano

I'm a complete sap for this sort of thing.

In at the level that lets me name a Polish PFC for my father...

Haven't been this excited about an upcoming release in a while.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

^ hey! A Cyrano sighting!
Stick around a little longer stranger :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

@Bbrant:  I'm still mad at you guys for pulling out of the War College...completely wrecked my June  ;D.

Any chance you'll be back?

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

bayonetbrant

Don't get mad at us - get mad at Origins for moving the damn show last year!

Yes, we're coming back.  I'm trying to schedule a call with John Ward in the next week or so to sort out the what & how of our involvement.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

GJK

Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 02, 2013, 05:06:26 PM
I rode the fence on this and never ended up getting on on it.  I am sure I will regret that decision.

Are you Kick(start)ing yourself?  ;D
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Cyrano

I, of course, kid...I remember the conversations the year all the mess went down and thinking what a real shame it was.  Told the Origins folks on the feeback in no uncertain terms, too.

Good news and very best getting it fired up again.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

ABD

Did you guys see all this lawsuit stuff going down with Valley Games and a creditor?

LongBlade

Quote from: ABD on March 07, 2013, 09:16:22 PM
Did you guys see all this lawsuit stuff going down with Valley Games and a creditor?

I missed it. Got a link handy?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GJK

It was at 2 pages yesterday and has already swelled to 12 pages.  I only went through the first 2 but it's not looking good for those of us that kicked in money to the project:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/941553/what-does-this-mean-for-up-front
----------------------
----------------------

-Dean Vernon Wormer

ABD

Quote from: LongBlade on March 07, 2013, 10:11:48 PM
I missed it. Got a link handy?
OK, I'll attempt a simple thumbnail sketch from reading the thread in GJK's link.
Some of the details are possibly inaccurate and they may not all be directly connected anyway. It's all legal fight now between lawyers so words get twisted.

Valley Games needed money...Phil Sauer, among others, lent them a large sum (100k's)...
Valley Games starts development of UpFront...Sauer comes collecting on debt...Valley Games doesn't pay...Sauer and others (Reiner Knizia) sue...
Valley Games creates Radiant Games, shifts assets (Up Front) to Radiant Games...Sauer alleges Radiant Games assets are really Valley Games assets and demands they be included in the compensation.

On the first page of the BGG thread someone posted court documents, the third and fourth document name some of the following games among many others:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/941553/what-does-this-mean-for-up-front/page/1
D-Day Dice
Titan
Die Macher
Republic of Rome
Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage
Container
Airborne in your pocket
Up Front

jomni