UP FRONT REPRINT - NO I'M NOT KIDDING!

Started by bayonetbrant, November 20, 2012, 06:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Anyone else find the range calcualtion rules weird?

GJK

It does seem counter-intuitive that RR 5 is close and 0 is farthest but it makes performing the math easier (I'm at range 1, you're at range 4, RR is 5: closest).

The defunct reprint was going to "fix" that by making 0 close and 5 the furthest but then you would of had to of reveresed the math by adding 5 to the total (I'm at 4, you're at 1, totals 5 -5 = RR0 or closest).

It works fine as is once you've played it a couple of times.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

Quote from: GJK on January 14, 2015, 10:03:34 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 14, 2015, 08:34:39 PM
Quote from: GJK on January 14, 2015, 08:14:10 PM
HERE is a consolidated link of url's over to artscow with the most current versions of the decks (it can be confusing as to what to get if you're just browsing artscow for them).  I'd be all over this if I didn't already own two nicely laminated and complete copies of UF/Banzai.  :)

Holy testicle Tuesdays Batman! 

That looks like a lot of printing!  :o  Gonna have to work up to doing this in the future.
Well, *you* don't have to print it of course but I do have the original pdf's if you or anybody else was interested in printing it locally/at home vs via Artscow.  I can throw those up on to a dropbox folder if you all want.

I'm unfamiliar with Artscow.  Didn't realize you could order all the cards there. 

How much and how long does it take, I wonder?

GJK

I think in that thread that I linked to on BGG someone said that they got what is basically included in the original game (action deck, US/German/USSR decks) for about $100*.  There's a pdf for the counters that came with the game which aren't a whole lot (mostly informational) that could be printed and mounted at home.

*Artscow very frequently releases discount codes that include free shipping and/or discounts on the decks and I believe the $100 the use of one of those discount codes.

Wait!  Follow THIS thread where they post frequent discount codes for use with the Up Front cards at Artscow.  According to that, a guy recently printed off nine (9) decks for $75 which is pretty damn good.  That would include all the major player nationalities and Greeks and Italians and who knows what else. 
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

Rekim

Quote from: Nefaro on January 14, 2015, 11:31:39 PM
I'm unfamiliar with Artscow.  Didn't realize you could order all the cards there. 

How much and how long does it take, I wonder?

I ordered the Action Card deck from Artscow (168 cards). As Gary suggests, I waited until there was discount. If I recall correctly my discount was free shipping. Believe this brought the cost down to $25-30. I'd guess that having the entire game printed by Artscow would have doubled the size of my order.

Rekim

Think it took ~1 week to receive my order from ArtCow. Quality was as good as any COTs game.

Nefaro

Quote from: Rekim on January 15, 2015, 02:26:17 PM
Think it took ~1 week to receive my order from ArtCow. Quality was as good as any COTs game.

That's good.  If I went this route, I hoped the cards would be passable quality.

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Rekim on January 14, 2015, 04:04:02 PM
A quick reminder that it is quite practical to build your own DIY copy of the original using resources listed on BGG, and for ~50%  the cost of the lowest KS tier. The rulebook can also be found there. And don't forget the excellent VASSAL module (drop me a note if interested in a match). So still good options available which do not require a second mortgage for purchasing a beat-up copy on eBay.

the image below is 100% DIY.

So if someone goes that route, who gets the money that you send in to pay for it with?

Does it go to the people who actually toiled to create the artwork? That would be cool. I believe Ron Volstad was out of action for several weeks - perhaps months - due to IIRC major eye surgery and would probably not consider money unwelcome right now.

Rekim

Quote from: Michael Dorosh on January 15, 2015, 07:26:30 PM
So if someone goes that route, who gets the money that you send in to pay for it with?

the cards are in the catalogue of an e-card printing vendor.