-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Bison

Wow!  That turned out really awesome. 

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

gameleaper

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 22, 2013, 07:31:20 PM
@GJK - That is a great table you made.

@Barthheart  -  Very jealous of your man cave.  I look forward to the day we can stop renting a small apartment and get house that has a spot of an actual man cave.

Right now all my wargames sit on a shelf next to other boardgames and my gaming table is my dining room table. 

Although with a little work I can turn it into this ...

The downside is I have to take it all down before dinner. :)

I want pics like this to play on my app as miniatures.I enlarged it a lot for a big game, but you can play smaller res, you can get my free app here https://numbergamer8.itch.io/miniatures-game-tool
you can get battle maps and virtual battlemaps, but not many tabletop ariel views , I have an injury and cant play at a table, so this is next best thing

GJK

That looks like an app that I can use Leaper and I'm going to download it and experiment.

A while ago, I had redrawn the map from The Gamer's "None but Heroes" (Antietam/Sharpsburg) because I wanted to try out a set of miniatures rules on it and the game map as it was didn't mix very well graphically with mini's (see HERE for a reference).  It's a gorgeous map for that game but not what I was looking for with mini's.

So I drew.  And drew.  And drew. And then had the base map with no hexgrid or numbering or anything but just the lay of the land in the same colors and with added "wedding cake" 3D layering added. (see attachment 1)

I then wanted to give it a "google earth" look and so began reconstructing the model (see attachment 2)

So that I can zoom and and play on something like what is in (attachment 3)

I was going to use Zuntzu for this (for the computer, a printed version for tabletop) but your app may just do the trick.  Now before you get all excited and post a dozen responses and start 5 new threads for it, I'll forewarn you that I have a lot on my plate right now so it could be a good while before I get to test this out - but rest assured, I'll let you know what I think and offer any suggestions that I may have once I do so.  ;)

Edit: I hadn't looked at this for a while (and it's not done) but I was getting some pretty cool effects on the water/trees/shadows I think.  This would be pretty cool to do mini's on me thinks.  (see attachment 4).
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

gameleaper

GJK, I snagged those images, . the good bit is rulers and data for each chit, plus you can have 12 types of token on a chit. I made it so there is no setup, I played with zuntzu but You cant just add a quick game or change a chit on the fly, the setup files were a real pain.